Chapter 96 - Loudly and Often!

They'd made it as far as the shower before Dimitri claimed her. Neither of them could help themselves. It was fast and furious, and Rose was hoping her family had dallied at the tournament because otherwise, she thought there was a good chance they might have been able to hear them. Emptying inside her with a joyous groan, Dimitri gave Rose a moment to clean herself up before picking her up and carrying her across to their bed.

"Comrade, I'm still all wet," Rose complained as Dimitri dumped her onto the quilt in the middle of the mattress.

"I'll warm you up," he promised, climbing onto the bed beside her, his eyes showing he was already planning round two.

As anticipated, Rose had needed a second shower! She'd thrown her hair up into a wet bun, put on a pretty dress and was about to close the windows ahead of going to her parents' unit for pizza when she saw something interesting outside. Standing in a secluded corner between two buildings, obscured by shrubbery, the couple she was observing could only be seen from the upper windows on the narrow side of the almost abandoned guest building.

Curious, Rose watched Eddie and Jesse Zeklos having a discussion. Eddie kept looking around nervously; evidently, keen not to be seen or overheard. Jesse looked surprised by whatever it was Eddie was saying but shrugged his shoulders in seeming acquiescence. With an awkward handshake, they parted. Eddie walking towards the guest quarters, Jesse back towards the Moroi dorms.

Pulling back from the window before Eddie saw her, Rose was perplexed what that could have been about.

"Are you ready, milaya?" Dimitri asked, coming to stand behind her, draping his arms loosely around her waist. "The sooner we go do this, the sooner we can come back here, and we can claim our prizes for winning the fight..."

"Can we?" Rose teased. "Technically neither of us won..."

"Details," Dimitri growled dismissively, grabbing her small wrists firmly in one large hand before running his lips down the side of Rose's neck, nipping her lightly. "I think we could both claim a win – unless you've changed your mind?"

"No," Rose whispered with a shiver. "I haven't changed my mind."

"Good," Dimitri said, a sultry tone to his voice. "Come on, Roza. I'm hungry."

Stepping out into the hallway they locked the door to their unit, greeting Eddie as he approached from the other end of the hall.

"Hey Castile," Dimitri said, not noticing how the younger man wouldn't meet his eyes. "I was watching your fights today. You're in good form."

"Thanks," Eddie said, looking a little uncomfortable.

Rose gave Eddie a 'what's up?' look, but the latter shook it off.

At his unit, Abe was presiding over a veritable mountain of pizza boxes. Christian, Lissa, and Vika were already there. "I didn't want to under order, and I figured you could all take leftovers if there were any."

"How'd you get them to deliver all the way out here?" Dimitri asked curiously. "The closest pizza place is half an hour away?"

"Pavel met them halfway," Abe explained.

"The van is going to smell like pizza for a month," Pavel chuckled, grabbing an entire box and pulling up a chair. Dimitri did likewise, sitting beside Eddie and groaning with satisfaction as he took a large bite.

Vika and Lissa were engrossed in a quiet conversation in the corner but were motioning for Rose to join them, so leaving Dimitri, Pavel and Eddie to discuss the fights, she dragged a chair across to join the girls and eat her pizza.