Chapter 79 - Private Time

Dimitri did his first double shift Monday night, so he wasn't around for afternoon training. Eddie and Vika still trained, but Rose had invited Lissa over after classes, and they'd skyped Oksana and Mark in Baia. They spent two hours talking together, and Oksana had even set them some homework.

It had been helpful to have Oksana and Mark talk about their experiences. Mark must have sensed it was hard for Rose to explain to Lissa about some of the challenges of being shadow-kissed, so he went through it from his perspective. He was straightforward and no-nonsense about it, but he was brutally frank and honest, too. Oksana had followed, outlining how darkness had felt from her perspective, pre and post bonding, and how Spirit felt and how the need to use it was overwhelming at times. Lissa and Rose had felt emotionally raw after all had been disclosed. They both had a much clearer picture of how the other felt.

"I didn't realize about the Spirit. Not to the extent that Oksana described it," Rose said to Lissa. "She'd mentioned it a little while I was there, but not like that. Why didn't you explain? Why did you hide it from me?"

Lissa shrugged. "You were already carrying so much..." she justified. "And now Mark's explained more about the darkness, I can see you were carrying even more than I realized."

"Dimitri's on duty overnight tonight. He won't be home until 8 pm. I've got three pizzas in the fridge to cook for dinner. Why don't we have a girls' night and then you could stay for a sleepover? Just like old times?" Rose was embarrassed that she was a little teary as she asked.

Lissa nodded, wiping tears from her eyes, too. "I'd like that."

"I want to invite Vika for the movie part, ok? She's my sister-in-law, and she's still new here. She's also my friend. I want to include her in things..."

"You should," Lissa agreed. "Invite her and tell her to bring her cosmetic bag. I had an idea on how she should try her makeup."

Rose smiled. If she was thinking about makeup, it meant Lissa was finally starting to accept Vika! Heading outside their unit door, Rose spoke briefly with Emil who was sitting on a chair on guard. He was due to clock off soon, so she asked him who was guarding Lissa overnight.

"Guardian Matthews. Would you like her to collect the Princess here?"

"Actually, Emil, Lissa and I are going to have a sleepover tonight. Could you take her across to see a feeder and then to her room so she can collect some things?"

"A sleepover?" Emil asked, looking confused.

"Yeah. Teenaged girls do that. Even married ones, sometimes," Rose laughed looking at his confused face. "We put on pajamas, tell secrets and stories, sometimes we do one another's hair, we talk about our partners or husbands..."

Emil just shook his head. "I'll take the Princess now. Guardian Matthews will bring her back."

Rose gave Lissa a hug. As soon as she was gone, Rose stripped the bed, changing the linens. Dressing in a pair of pajamas, she texted Dimitri.

Skyped Oksana and Mark with Lissa.

Learned lots. Both feeling emotional so having agirls' night at our place tonight. Lissa's going to sleep over.
I'll be in class by the time you clock off tomorrow, but I love you.
Text me when you're home to let me know you're safe. R xoxo

That done, she texted Vika.

Pizza, movie and girls' night at my place tonight?
Wear your PJs and bring your makeup bag. Rose