Chapter 20

"I feel like you're mad at me even if you say you're not." Emily texted to JJ. Emily didn't think what she said was that bad. Yeah it may have been bad timing, but that's just who she is.

"I'm not mad Emily. You just have really bad timing and say things at the wrong time. I love you. I do. But you just need to stop with the dirty jokes at the wrong time." JJ responded to Emily a couple minutes later. They were still at Derek's house, but they were avoiding each other. Everyone there, which was the team and the boys, were all wondering why, but they figured that they shouldn't ask.

"It's time for the cake." Derek announced. Everyone shot up out of their seats and went into the kitchen. That's what they've been waiting for all day because lets be honest. That's all people go to birthday parties for. The food.

JJ sits down in her chair and waits for the cake to be placed in front of her. Once it is, everyone sings happy birthday to her, and she blows out the candles. She made her wish, but she would not tell anyone what it was even after they all started asking her what it was.

When the party was over, Emily pulled JJ aside. "Once the kids are to sleep, can you meet me outside?" Emily asked.

"I guess, but who will watch them if they wake up when we are out here?" JJ asked.

"Spence and Garcia." Emily answered and walked away. JJ felt bad for being the reason for them avoiding each other. But she also needs Emily to understand her point. Maybe in a better way than this, but it works.

After the party was over, everyone went home except Spencer and Garcia. They went over to Emily and JJ's house to watch the kids. "We shouldn't be gone longer than a couple hours." Emily told Garcia. She nodded, and the couple walked out to JJ's car.

"Where are we going?" JJ asked.

"If I wanted you to know, I would've told you." Emily said.

"You could have just said that it was a surprise." JJ muttered under her breath. Emily realized that it was a little more rude than she intended, but it wasn't supposed to be like that.

Emily drove for a little while before they arrived at the park. JJ wanted to question it, but didn't want to upset Emily anymore. The two walked a trail that was lit up by battery powered candles. There were also signs with little cute messages like "You are beautiful!" and "I love you most!" Of course there were pick up lines too. But when they got to the part where Emily wanted and had set up for this, JJ was speechless. It was all just beautiful, and JJ wanted to know how Emily did this without her knowing.

"I'm not the greatest writer, but I wrote this for you about a year after we first met. As I read through it, I realized that it is still true today, so I thought I'd share it with you. Last summer we met
We started as friends
I can't tell you how it all happened
Then autumn it came
We were never the same
Those nights, everything felt like magic

And I wonder if you miss me, too
If you don't is one thing that I wish you knew

I think about you every morning when I open my eyes
I think about you every evening when I turn out the lights
I think about you every moment, every day of my life
You're on my mind all the time, it's true

I think about you, you you, you you

Would you know what to say
If I saw you today?
Would you let it all crumble to pieces?
'Cause I know that I should
Forget you if I could
I can't yet for so many reasons

I think about you every morning when I open my eyes
I think about you every evening when I turn out the lights
I think about you every moment, every day of my life
You're on my mind all the time, it's true

I think about you, you you, you you

How long 'til I stop pretending
What we have is never ending
Oh, oh, oh
If all we are is just a moment
Don't forget me 'cause I won't and
I can't help myself

I think about you, ooh, ooh

I think about you every morning when I open my eyes
I think about you every evening when I turn out the lights
I think about you every moment, every day of my life
You're on my mind all the time, it's true

I think about you, you, you, you, you
(This is 'I Think About You' from Austin and Ally)

JJ started to cry a little bit during that because she never actually knew that she felt like that even after a year they met. "JJ, you mean the world to me. You are my everything, my partner in crime, and I don't know what I would do without you. You have been there for me since day 1, except that five year gap, but we won't talk about that. I'm so glad to have found you even though that wasn't how I wanted to meet the love of my life. I couldn't understand why something so horrible could happen to my husband and why it was me who was stabbed and raped. But I realized that maybe those things happened to bring me to you. Now I know why they say that everything happens for a reason. I can't say that I'm happy that my husband died, but I can say that I'm honestly glad that I got stabbed. Maybe not raped, but stabbed, yes. It brought me to you, and I couldn't be more happy. You always amaze me at what you do. You never fail to make me smile, and you everyday I fall even more in love with you. You are perfect. You are my angel. That's why I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, Jennifer Jareau, will you marry me?" Emily said, getting down on one knee. JJ was crying because of multiple reasons. When she looked at the ring, she figured she should tell Emily.

"I have something to confess

"I have something to confess." JJ said. Emily just looked at her to keep going. "I'm so sorry Emily! I didn't mean to. I swear."

"What?" Emily asked, standing back up.

"I'm pregnant." JJ finally revealed.

A/N

Hey! Sorry I'm ending it here. But I need to get to sleep. I hope you guys like it!