Commercials

Prompt: "Imagine that your OTP is watching TV and Wendy's commercial for their ghost pepper fries comes on. When the TV goes "it's perfect if you're hot for spice," Person A turns to Person B and asks them "you know who I'm hot for?" and tackles them onto the couch."

Person A - Jason, Person B - Reader

---

Your hair was wet as you sat on the couch, feet propped up on the coffee table. You and Jason had just gotten back from patrol about an hour ago, and he let you take a shower first because he's a sweetheart.

Which led to you watching TV in your living room, your favorite show having been on cable. You were comfortable in one of Jason's t-shirts, waiting for him to come out of the shower so you both could go to bed.

Flipping through channels, but seeming to find nothing but commercials. Unaware of Jason walking into the living room. "Hey babe, whatcha watchin?" he asked while drying his hair. He being dressed for bed, only in his favorite pair of sweatpants.

You always found it kind of funny because he always only wore pants when he slept and you usually only wore one of his shirts.

"Just commercials, I can't find anything to watch" shrugging while clicking the channel button on the remote. Frustratingly jamming the button before dropping the remote and just deciding to suffer through commercials.

He came behind the couch and wrapped his arms around you. Kissing your hair he mumbled, "Are you hungry?" You shrugged, "A little, what did you have in mind?"

"Sandwiches?" shifting to nuzzle into your neck. You giggled at his antics, "Do you want me to get them? You sound tired" moving your head so you could whisper to him. He shook his head, the wet ends of his hair prickling against your skin. "No, you're comfortable I've got it" retracting from your neck and pecking your lips before heading into the kitchen.

Once he was gone you decided to peel yourself from the couch, pulling the basket of movies out from under your coffee table. Flipping through the cases, seeing the titles of all your and Jason's favorite movies. Chuckling at some of the older titles such as 'Shrek' and 'Jaws.' Two very different movies.

"Hey what lunch meat do you want?" Jason yelled from the kitchen. "Surprise me! Jaws or Shrek?" You heard him laugh at the choices, "Jaws!" he cheered enthusiastically.

You pulled out the case while listening to the commercials playing in the background. Bored, you continued to mindlessly flip through the movies in your collection.

Jason walked into the living room to see you lost in the collection, noticing an opportunity reveal itself. He set the plates in his hands on the window sill that separates the kitchen from the living room.

Quietly, he snuck up behind you before grabbing your shoulders yelling "SHARK!" Your heart about stopped, he laughed before jogging around the couch to look at you. "Jesus Jason! You fucking scared the shit out of me!" clutching your chest. However you couldn't stay mad at the genuine smile on his face. "Sorry doll, I just couldn't help it."

"Yeah, well you're lucky I love you" Shaking your head at him. He grinned wider before turning his attention to the TV, going to change the settings to play a movie. Though he paused when seeing the Wendy's commercial for their new ghost pepper fries, something he had been dying to try (pun intended).

The narrator's deep voice explained the fries in the most savory manner possible. Jason chuckled when the commercial said, "It's perfect if you're hot for spice." Turning he see you still looking through the movies. Half listening to the TV.

Grinning mischievously he teased, "You know who I'm hot for?" leaving just enough time for you to register the words before he tackled you onto the couch as you let out a small squeal of surprise. Pinning you underneath his weight. You laughed while looking up into his deep blue eyes, "Oh I wonder who that could possibly be~" over dramatizing your words.

"How about I show you?" he smirked before connecting his lips to yours into a soft yet passionate kiss. Pulling away just to lightly rub his nose against yours before placing another kiss on your lips, both of you smiling into it the whole time. After sometime being lost in the other he pulled away, whispering "[F/n]."

"Hmm?" You hummed, not even opening your eyes. "Do you still want your sandwich?" he chuckled. You smiled and shook your head before pulling his lips back to yours, mumbling "In a minute" before closing the space completely once more. Jason happily obliging the continuance. Leaving you both wondering how you were lucky enough to have the other. But also, how on Earth could a Wendy's commercial bring this on?