Anxieties

Tumblr Request: "Hi! Can you do #4 from prompt list 1? Where the reader's anxiety has been dragging her down? With Jason, please"

4: "When was the last time you ate?" There's a long pause. "You know what, if you have to think that long, you need to eat something."

---

It felt like things were just pilling on top of you. School was nonstop, it was college what did you expect? Not a case study on top of a group project for one class. Not an incompetent math professor. Not a three day a week 8am with reading due every class along with multiple papers. And finally not being unable to get a job with your work-study program to get your money toward your tuition.

Getting sick on top of all of it just made things ten times worse. You were irritable and felt like shit. Being uncomfortable on top of all of your stress and responsibilities only made your anxiety triple since you'd started classes.

The only thing that got you through your days was coming home to find Jason on the couch everyday. Waiting to help ease those anxieties away and keep you company before patrol. However, this week you didn't even have that. You were sick, anxious, and lonely because Jason was on a mission.

A sniffle escaped your nose as you coughed into your arm before going back to the case study you were working on. A glance at the clock told you it was two in the morning and that you had to be up in less than six hours for your 8am class. Great.

Your stomach lurched and gurgled, but you pushed the discomfort aside and continued your work. After another fifteen minutes you finished the work you wanted to get done on the case study and closed the word doc from your screen. You were about to get up to eat for the first time in who knows how long but an anxious feeling bubbled up into your stomach. You still had to find a work-study position.

So, instead you plopped back down in your chair and opened up your college's website in order to find the work-study positions again. You scanned through the jobs, trying to find anything that you would be able to do.

You were so caught up in the multiple jobs you didn't hear the window open to your small apartment and boots hit the carpet.

Jason's eyebrow cocked up as he pulled off his helmet and saw you still up and glued to your laptop. "[F/n]?" He called your name, making you jump from your state. The tenseness in your shoulders was blatant.

"Dammit Jason" You growled and covered your face with your hands before they ran through your hair. A deep sigh escaping your throat.

"Why are you still up? Are you still feeling sick?" He asked while walking over to look at your screen. "You're still looking at those job listings? Babe you're gonna give yourself an anxiety attack if you don't give it a rest."

"Too late" You muttered while minimizing the window. Remembering to the break down you had less than three hours ago. Jason closed your laptop, "Heard that. When was the last time you ate?"

You opened your mouth to answer only to promptly close it.

"You know what, if you have to think that long, you need to eat something." He took your hand and pulled you to your feet before scooping you up bridal style. "Jason" You yelped as your arms wrapped around his neck.

He carried you into the kitchen and set you down on the kitchen counter. "What do you want? Sandwich? Eggs? Maybe a salad? Just you name it babe."

You sighed and tapped him with your foot. "Jason I have to keep looking at these jobs. If I don't get the money toward the tuition I'm screwed."

"See that, that right there is why your anxiety is so bad now." He pulled out the fixings for a sandwich. He started to put it together. "You stress yourself out with all these things but in reality you have plenty time to do it. Your case study isn't due for a month. You have all semester to figure out a job. You also have your teacher's assistant for your math class that helps you during office hours. Babe you need to eat and sleep or else it will just get worse, it's already making you get sick easier."

Sighing you slipped off the counter to wrap your arms around his waist from behind. "That's why I have you. You keep me sane."

He chuckled and finished the sandwich before turning in your arms to face you. Sighing he looked down into your eyes and kissed your forehead. "Yeah, that's what I'm here for." When you pushed up to kiss him he cut you off by putting the sandwich to your lips. "Eat."

Rolling your eyes you took it and took a bite. "Good, now finish and drink a whole glass of water by the time I'm done showering. Then we're gonna go to bed." He kissed your cheek before slipping by and heading for the shower.

With a sigh, you grabbed a glass of water and walked to the bedroom. Setting it on the nightstand, you got in bed and grabbed your book. Reading and eating at the same time, finally unwinding for the first time that week.

You finished the sandwich and water just as Jason walked out in his sweatpants and drying his hair. He grinned at you when his eyes met yours. "Now that's what I like to see."

Chuckling you shook your head and beckoned him with a finger. With a smirk he threw his towel in the hamper before climbing in bed beside you. His lips pressed against yours before he settled in. "You seem more relaxed now."

Nodding you caressed his cheek. "Thanks to you. I'd be an anxious mess without you." Jason smiled and shook his head. "No, I just remind you that you need to take care of yourself too."

"Exactly, I'd be a mess without you."

He rolled his eyes and kissed you again before pulling you into his chest. "Whatever." His arm stayed around your waist as he tucked your head under his chin. "Get some rest."

Sighing you settled in and kissed his chest. "I love you."

He smiled and kissed your forehead. "I love you too doll, and I'll always be here with you."

"Even when you get sick from kissing me?" You chuckled.

"Yes, even then."