Still Yours

Tumblr Request: "From the trope list, 16, 24 and from the Kiss list 7 with Jason Todd."

Prompt #7: "I've missed you" kiss
Prompt #16: I need a date for this wedding
Prompt #24: You're my ex but I think I still have feelings for you

Reader Type: Neutral

---

You fiddled with the invitation between your fingers. An old friend from high school was getting married to her high school sweetheart. It would be easy to decline and say you had a prior engagement. However, this was a couple who helped you out a lot in high school and you wanted to see them get their happily-ever-after.

Grabbing a pen, you started to fill out the RSVP but paused at the possibility of a plus one. A sigh escaped your lips as you set down the pen and pushed away the invitation. Rubbing your face, your mind wandered to Jason.

Jason Todd is your ex-boyfriend. After two years of dating, you split about a month ago. It was after a dangerous mission that you had gotten dragged into, Jason left claiming he couldn't be the one responsible for you getting hurt or worse and that he was leaving for 'your own good.'

No matter how hard you argued with him about it, you couldn't stop him.

Glancing at the invitation again you turned away from it in favor of the bottle of wine on the kitchen counter. Pouring a glass, you left the invitation for the next morning and opted for a movie instead.

Jason groaned as he pushed himself up off the ground only to be met with another kick to the face. Damaging his already cracked helmet further. "C'mon ex-boy wonder!" A gleeful voice said above him before a maniacal laugh sounded above him.

The Joker went to hit him again and Jason flinched, freezing up, but the fist was stopped before he felt any impact. The Joker's smile disappeared when he was met with Batman now between him and Jason and seething angry. "Oh crude" he said before he was knocked out with one punch and thrown hard to the ground. Bruce immediately turned to Jason who had pulled off his helmet and was spitting out blood.

"Jason" He tried to help him up but was only pushed away.

"I'm fine B." Jason pushed himself up to his feet stumbling a little. A hand holding his ribs which were most likely broken. Bruce tried to help him again but Jason was already grappling out of the warehouse, getting away from him. With a sigh, Bruce let him go, knowing if he needed him he'd come to him.

At this point in the night, you had fallen asleep on the couch. The movie still playing on the TV and illuminating your dark living room. But the light from the TV didn't let you fall into too deep of a sleep. Making the sound of your window being opened wake you up.

Looking up over the back of the couch, you found a familiar heap on the floor by the window. "Jason?"

You were met with a groan that immediately had you off the couch and meeting his side. His helmet was gone and there was blood around his mouth. His face was bruised up and he was clutching at his side. Helping him to the couch, you made him shed his jacket and armor so you could examine his injuries.

Luckily there wasn't anything too severe for you to handle. You wrapped some bandages around cuts and helped apply ice to bruises. Your movements were all muscle memory, when you were together you had done this multiple times when Jason came home.

It felt like he never moved out, like you were still together, like he was still yours. But he wasn't and it pulled at your heart while you gave him the last ice pack to hold to his cheek. Silence fell between you as Jason avoided your gaze.

He heaved a breath before saying, "Thank you."

Nodding, you moved a hand through your hair. "No problem."

Silence fell again, Jason finally looked at you. Your eyes locked and the look in his eyes broke your heart. Even after breaking up, his walls were still down when he was around you. "Oh Jason," you quickly pulled him into your arms and his face buried in your shoulder.

"I-It was him. I c-couldn't even stop him. I froze." His voice jumped as he stayed hidden in your shoulder. You knew who he was talking about, how sometimes even a glimpse of the Joker could cause a PTSD episode in him.

You shushed him and ran your hands in his hair. "You're okay Jace, I've got you."

He stayed like that for about an hour, the feeling of your hand in his hair and the sound of your voice calming him down. His breathing normalized again, and you could only imagine how much his muscles and injuries ached under his skin. "I'm sorry, I never should've come here. I'm sure I'm the last person you want to see."

"Jason.." You stopped him and he listened as you mumbled. "Shut up."

He smiled a little. "I've missed you so much [F/n]." He felt your arms tighten around him and your nose bury in his hair.

"I've missed you too."

"I never should've left. I just.. I didn't want you to get hurt. I didn't want to lose you but if I wanted to keep you safe I had to leave."

Sighing you mumbled again. "Jason, just shut up. I know why you felt you had to leave, but when I learned who you were, I knew the risks. I knew you would protect me, and you always did." Your arms tightened around him again. "Just stay.. Please."

Jason pulled back to look into your eyes again. They searched yours, looking for the certainty he needed and he found it immediately. He pushed forward and crashed his lips into yours and immediately yours moved back against his. His kiss showed how much he missed you and yours said the same.

The kiss lasted for what felt like hours and you pulled away when in need of air. Cupping his face, your thumbs rubbed over his cheekbones. "Lets go to bed."

Jason nodded and got up with you, heading straight for your bed. His feet felt like they were cinder blocks that he was dragging across the floor. So, the warm comfort of your bed (and you) was welcomed with open arms.

He fell asleep in seconds, and slept soundly for the first night since leaving.

The next morning, Jason was up after you. Waking up to the smell of bacon and eggs, and your side of the bed cold. He sat up and rolled out of bed, his muscles screamed in protest, but he yearned for the sight of you in the kitchen making breakfast in your pjs. It's one of the images he missed most.

And the smile that pulled at his lips when he found that sight again had him intent on etching the image into his brain forever.

He saw you look over your shoulder and grin at him. "Hey, how're you feeling?"

He didn't answer, just strode over and kissed you deeply. Making you hum against his lips. God, he missed you so much. Pulling away, Jason was captivated by the smile on your lips. You gently nudged him, "Sit down, breakfast is almost ready."

Jason nodded before sitting at the island. His eyes moving over your mail on the counter. His eyes settling on the wedding invitation. "Sam and Kyle are getting married?"

Nodding you moved the bacon and eggs off of the pans, remembering when you told Jason about the couple about a year ago. Setting the plates on the island Jason was looking over the invitation further. "You haven't RSVP'd yet."

"I was gonna finish it this morning."

Jason hummed and grabbed the pen you had left there before scribbling on the RSVP and handing it over to you. Reading it over you smiled.

'Number of Attending: 2'