The Cookie's Right

Valentine's Day Special!

---

Valentine's Day, the holiday for couples. People buy their significant others all the clichés: red roses, chocolates, oversized stuffed animals, the whole nine yards. A month ago, that all seemed appealing. When you were happily in a relationship with your boyfriend, looking forward to finally have someone to celebrate Valentine's Day with. That was until he dumped you, claiming 'it felt like there wasn't a spark anymore.'

Any hope for a happy Valentine's Day was shattered. You took the break up pretty bad, and only left your apartment for work. It made your friends worry, especially your best friend. Jason Todd.

Jason had been your best friend for years, you grew up on the streets together, and you were the only one he remembered and trusted when he first came back. As time passed, his feelings for you grew beyond friendship, into an unrequited love. When he realized he had fallen in love with you, he decided he'd keep the feelings to himself. He couldn't risk your friendship or you being in danger because of him. Plus, you had started talking to this guy anyway, you were happy so he was happy.

Well, the key word to that is 'were/was.' When you told him about your break up, he had half a mind to go beat the shit out of the guy. Though, he didn't, he knew it wouldn't help the situation and opted to stay with you and be your shoulder to cry on.

Jason became your main support system through it all and seemed to be at your side whenever he could. One time someone at your job even asked for advice on how to get over exes so fast because they thought you were dating Jason. When he heard about that, he chuckled nervously and tried to suppress the blush on his cheeks at the idea.

You on the other hand, had never really thought of Jason in that light. Well, maybe not never but the thought that your best friend who is the Red Hood and probably one of the sexiest men alive having any interest in you romantically, it seemed far fetched. Jason attracted the most gorgeous of women, why would he be attracted to you?

However, it was thanks to Jason that you seemed to be getting over your ex. You started acting yourself again, having lunch with friends and getting a drink with co-workers after your shift. You started smiling again and felt like something was filling the gap left in your heart. Yet you weren't sure what it quite was.

Though, as if for nothing, the gap opened again when Valentine's Day rolled around. At work you were again in a slump and just wanted to lock yourself away in your apartment. Around you, co-workers were receiving gifts delivered from significant others. You could tell some were done up a bit more, obviously ready for a date right after work. Normally, you loved your job, but right now you couldn't get far enough away from it.

As soon as it was time to clock out, you were gone after counting down the seconds. The walk back was filled with happy couples celebrating the day. Your mind thought back to your ex, leaving you to wonder if he was thinking about you as well. A pang of hope went off in your heart when your phone buzzed. You looked down just to see it was a text from a store you liked, promoting their 'V-Day Sale! All Intimates 25% Off!' Making you growl and turn off your phone, throwing it down into your purse.

Once arriving to your apartment, you stripped out of your work clothes and opted for some comfy sweatpants and a oversized hoodie. You stared for a second at the first one you grabbed, it was red and much too big to be yours or your ex-boyfriend's. A smile pulled on your lips when you realized it was Jason's. Shrugging, you pulled it over your head, drowning in the scent of your best friend. A small feeling pulled at your heart, his smell was always so comforting.

With a sigh, you went back into your living room and closed the blinds so it'd be dark. You grabbed the remote and began clicking through channels. Every channel seemed to be some cheesy, lifetime Valentine's Day movie. Further making your feeling of loneliness come to the forefront. Shutting off the TV and tossing the remote away, you buried your face in your hands. "C'mon [F/n]. It's been a month, get over him."