Reflex

Tumblr Request: "Can you do either 13 or 15 with the batboys please and also congratulations, your an amazing person and I love you. Keep up the amazing work love!"

Prompt 13: "You can't keep pretending it didn't happen, cause guess what? It did!"
Prompt 15: "Stop pretending you're okay, cause I know you're not."

---

It felt strange and wrong, you didn't know why you were doing it back. Realizing what was happening you quickly pushed him away from you. "Dick what the hell?!" You yelled, still feeling the sensation of his lips on yours. Dick looked taken aback, he's had feelings for you since before you were dating Jason. Though he was too late to ask you out fore you had already fallen for his brother.

"I-I don't know. I just..." The kiss fresh in his mind he remembered how you kissed back. "You.. You kissed me back." He stared at you. "What? No I didn't! I'm with Jason why'd you kiss me?!" Quickly changing the subject back to him.

"I-I've had feelings for you for a long time and I guess I just couldn't stop myself. It's just when you called me saying you were lonely..." He explained as you listened. "I'm lonely because Jason, my boyfriend - your brother, has been away on a mission. That doesn't make it okay for you to do that!" You we're so confused, Dick is your friend. But now learning all this and for him to do that. It had your mind in a tizzy.

Dick took a deep breath, "But you did kiss me back. You can't keep pretending it didn't happen, cause guess what? It did!" He was just as confused, you kissing back gave him hope, false hope. "I.. I don't know why I did, it was reflex I guess. I'm so used to kissing Jason it just happened. I don't have those kind of feelings for you Dick... I-I think you should leave." Avoiding his eyes you gestured to the door. He heaved a sigh, sadness in his entire aura. "Okay" he sighed before turning to the door.

Though before he left you called to him. "And Dick." He stopped, "please don't tell Jason about this." He could hear your voice break slightly. "I won't." he responded before exiting the apartment.

Rubbing your face you sat down on the couch, holding your head in your hands. "How did that happen?" Pinching the bridge of your nose to hold back tears. "What am I going to tell Jason? He just got on better terms with his family, this would ruin all of that." Whispering to yourself before growling as you fell back on the couch. Staring up at the ceiling you came to a conclusion, "I guess I just can't tell him. I can't risk his relationship with his family."

When Jason came home from his mission, it didn't take him long to notice something off about you. You would shy away from him when he tried to kiss you. You wouldn't engage him like you used too. It was odd. It seemed like you lost your spunk and always had something clouding your mind.

He tried to bring it up multiple times to get you to talk, but you evaded him every time. Though this time he was getting his answers. You had tried to evade him again, but that just led to your current situation.

Jason was laying on top of you, having you pinned to the couch. "I'm not letting you up until you tell me what's wrong." You struggled against him more, trying to push him off, but to no avail. "Jason Peter Todd you are about to be very single if you do not get off me."

Jason only pinned you down more. "[F/n], I'm serious." You looked him in the eyes, "So am I Jason. Get off!" Growling at him, though he didn't move an inch as you tried to struggle against him more.

"Stop pretending you're okay, cause I know you're not." His tone was stern. You were growing more frustrated, looking up at him. Why'd he have to be so damn strong? "I don't want to talk about it Jay." Finally you stopped fighting him. Visibly upset now. Seeing this he crawled off you and pulled you into a hug. "You can tell me anything doll."

"But you'll be mad." Muttering into his jacket, holding him tightly. He sighed while holding you, "I promise not to be mad." He pulled back to meet your eyes, cupping your face in one of his hands. You sniffled and wiped your eyes, "Dick, he... When you were gone, I got lonely and asked him to come over. I guess he got the wrong idea because he... He kissed me. And I don't know why, I guess it was just reflex because I'm so used to kissing you, I kissed him back. I thought you'd think I was cheating or didn't love you if I told you."

Jason visibly tensed, you could basically hear the anger begin to boil in his chest. "He did what?!" His teeth clenched as he growled. "You promised not to get mad." You took his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. Looking up into your eyes, he took a deep breath. "I-I'm not mad at you. I trust you and I know you'd never cheat on me. I just... Dick knows we're together, that we're in love, so why would he even think about it?"

Your thumb ran over his knuckles, "Don't blame him. I should've shut down any sort of advances. I guess I just didn't realize them because we're friends. I'm sorry Jay." He let go of your hand and cupped your face in his. "You don't have to apologize." Whispering before kissing your forehead. "I'll talk to him about boundaries and everything later."

Nodding you turned your head to kiss his palm. "Just promise me you'll try and work it out. You just got back on good terms with Bruce and everyone. I don't want to be the reason you broke away from them again."

He sighed and pressed a chaste kiss to your lips. "I promise, doll."