Prince Charming

Tumblr Request:"Hi! Can you do number 27 and/or number 50 from the tropes list with Jason Todd please? :)"

Prompt #27: Help me I'm being hit on at a bar please be my fake boyfriend for a second
Prompt #50: I'm scared but won't admit it so you take my hand

Reader Type: Female

---

It had been a long day at work. Your muscles were tense as the stress had yet to seep out of them. Taking a sip from your glass, the alcohol burned down the back of your throat, leaving you to hope the warmth would unwind your tight muscles.

Your fingers gently played with the rim of your glass before a presence came beside you. Half glancing over you found a man grinning at you. "What's a beautiful lady like you doin drinkin alone like this?" He slid into the stool next to you.

You rolled your eyes. "I don't want what you're selling so beat it."

"Playin hard to get I see." His hand slid on your thigh. "I can play too."

You pushed his hand away from you before a voice came from behind you. "Hey! Get your hands off of my girl!" Your eyes widened at the sound of the new voice. The other man before you was a stranger but he was built like a goddamn tank. Your voice caught in your throat.

He leaned down next to your ear, "play along" he whispered as he pretended to be pecking your cheek.

"Uh-uh, sorry man. Didn't know she was taken!"

"She said to beat it didn't she? Should've been cue enough." The stranger growled and the man shakily agreed before scrambling away.

He took the seat beside you, ordering a whiskey from the bartender.

You looked at him almost dumbfounded, he was acting so cool about the whole thing. "Uh.. thank you." Mumbling out as he looked over, a smile pulling at his lips.

"Don't mention it." He took a sip of the whiskey after the bartender set it in front of him. "Hate when guys act like that, give us a bad rep." He smirked and you giggled a little. "I'm Jason." He nodded to you.

"[F/n]." You looked back down at your drink and your lips quirked up. "So what where ya gonna do if he didn't go away."

"Kick the shit out of him probably." Jason said confidently, leading you to giggle again. "What're you laughin at?" He smirked.

You shook your head and looked at him, a sparkle to your eyes that caught him off guard. "I just, don't doubt that you would be able to." A blush spread to your cheeks at the smile he flashed you. Clearing your voice, you pulled out your wallet. "Well uh, I should probably head home now."

"Alone? It's pretty late." He looked out the windows of the bar.

You nodded, "Yeah I can't stay here all night." Shrugging before sliding off of the barstool. You bid Jason a quick goodbye before heading toward the door. However, upon reaching it a hand was already opening it for you. Looking up, Jason was smiling down at you.

"Let me walk you home, make sure you get there safe."

"No no, you don't have to." Waving your hands in front of yourself.

He shrugged, "I insist, 'lotta maniacs out there."

With a gentle sigh you begrudgingly agreed. Jason seemed like a good guy and there wasn't anything scheming behind those crystal blue hues. He smiled and allowed you to lead the way.

The first few minutes were filled with small talk before you fell into a comfortable silence. Normally you'd feel on edge walking the Gotham streets at this hour, but with Jason by your side it felt less dangerous.

Well, that was until a stray cat jumped off a trashcan and knocked it over, making you squeal and basically jump into Jason's arms. He laughed heartily before you gently slapped him on the shoulder. Proclaiming that it "wasn't funny" and that "you weren't that scared," but it didn't stop Jason from slipping his hand in yours. Bringing a little comfort to you.

The rest of the walk was filled with idle chatter. Jason paying very close attention to every word. He didn't know why but your voice was as sweet as honey and your laugh made his heart speed up. He was completely taken with you and felt saddened when you had reached your apartment complex.

"Well this is me, thank you Jason." You sighed, "for this and for pretending to be my boyfriend to get that guy away from me."

He shrugged and smiled. "No problem, helping damsels in distress is kinda what I do." His smile formed into a smirk and you smiled before rolling your eyes.

"Whatever you say Prince Charming."

"But, I wouldn't mind meeting this damsel again. Wanna grab dinner this weekend? My treat." He asked hopefully, taking a small step into the gap between you.

With a little smile you, nodded. "I'll see if I can make time for my Prince Charming. I'm a very busy damsel."

He chuckled and pulled out his phone before handing it to you, and you gave him yours. After exchanging numbers you bid him goodnight before heading inside your building. Grinning while looking down at the new contact.

Backspacing you deleted 'Jason Todd' and replaced it with 'Prince Charming.'