Nightcap

Tumblr Request: "Jason Todd x reader where the reader sleeps over for the first time"

---

Tonight was your and Jason's designated date night. As always it ended with the both of you out late exiting one of your favorite restaurants. Tonight it was your night to pick the place, and you went for a simple bar that had good food and drinks.

It's of mutual liking between the both of you. But sadly like all nights the date was coming to an end.

Walking out of the warm building and onto the cold Gotham street. The chill of the air immediately nipping at your exposed skin. A shiver ran through your body as you let out a shaky sigh. Your warm breath showing in the frigid air.

Jason noticed and wrapped an arm around you. Pulling you into his side, his warmth intermixing with yours. "I hate this weather" you shivered again.

"Yeah, it sucks. My apartment's warm, wanna come over for a nightcap?" he offered as the both of you began to walk. "Hmm" you hummed, thinking about the offer as your steps matched with his.

"I think that's just what I need to warm up" you smiled up at him.

"Then it's settled" he said before grabbing your hand and taking off with you in tow. Almost falling in the process.

"JASON!"

When you got to his apartment building you were panting and hunched over, saying "You. Are. A. Jerk." between breaths.

He chuckled as you stood back up straight. Cupping your face with his gloved hands, "But I'm your jerk" smiling down at you.

"Yes, yes you are" was what you could get in before he leaned down and connected his lips to yours softly. He pulled away saying, "Come on lets go.. warm up" he wiggled his eyebrows.

Chuckling and shaking your head, "Jason get your mind out of the gutter." You walked away and up to the doors of the apartment building.

"Hey come back" he whined before catching up to you.

You then followed him up to his apartment. He unlocked the door and opened it a crack before turning and blocking your entrance. You gave him a 'what the fuck' look.

He smirked, "What's the magic word?" he teased. Rolling your eyes, you reached up and crashed your lips into his. Catching him off guard. His hand slipped from the handle and fell on your hip.

You pulled away and looked into his blue eyes, "That'll do" he said before pushing the door open the rest of the way.

Laughing you walked in and he followed. Though you went and plopped down on his couch while he went into the kitchen. "Jack Daniel's or Crown Royal?!" he yelled from the kitchen.

"Do you only own whiskey?" you yelled back laughing. There was a moment of silence before you heard a faint "maybe."

"I don't care, I chose dinner you choose drink" you looked around the room. Hearing the clinking of bottles and glasses you waited patiently for him to come in. Standing up you went and clicked on his sound system, and looking through the CDs.

"Who uses CDs anymore?" you chuckled, flipping through the plastic cases.

"Are you judging my CDs again?" you heard his voice behind you. "A little" you picked one of his favorites out before putting it in the sound system.

"You don't judge vinyls" he walked up to you, handing you the glass with the gold tinted liquid. "Those are different, they have an old timely vibe to them. CDs not so much" taking a swig of the gold as it burned down your throat.

"Ouch" he looked at you slightly hurt. Laughing you kissed his cheek before making your way to the couch again. He followed and sat down next to you.

He held his glass to you, "To nights off" smiling you clinked your glass to his before finishing off the drink. "Impressive" he nodded at you before leaning to grab the bottle and fill your glass again.

You both went on like that, just talking and drinking. Before you knew it, the clock struck twelve. "Aw shit" you looked at the clock, feeling buzzed.

"When did it get so late?" questioning before looking back at him. "I'd offer you a ride home but not after drinking" he looked at you apologetically.

"It's fine, I'm sure my roommate will come get me" reaching for your phone on the coffee table. But Jason's hand stopped you, "No" he said quickly,

"What?" you cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I-I mean, what if you, ya know. Stayed the night here? With me?" he asked. Now having your one hand on both of his. Rubbing his thumbs over your knuckles.

You were a bit stunned at the question. Yeah you'd been dating for around 3 months but you'd never stayed the night before. You guys were taking your time. You met his blue hues once again, seeing the determination but worry in his eyes.

Smiling you answered, "Yeah, I'd love to"

His mouth curved into a beaming grin before scooping you up into his arms. He's being awfully affectionate. Making you happy he was so comfortable with you, so vulnerable. Knowing everything that happened to him, it was no easy feat.

He set you down before going to his closet. Grabbing a black t-shirt he turned and handed it to you. "Thank you" you smiled at him.

Heading in to the bathroom adjoining his room you heard him begin to get changed too. Closing the door, you changed into the t-shirt leaving your legs. bare.

Re-entering the bedroom he was laying on his bed in only sweatpants, reading a page of the book you had gotten him for your three months. Smiling, you leaned against the doorway observing him.

The way his hair was messy, the white streak falling to his forehead. His blue eyes focused on the page of words. Breathing level and soft. Your eyes fell to his scar ridden body. They littered his arms, chest, stomach, everywhere. Each of them a symbol of what he'd gone through. But he's okay now. You love him, even though you haven't told him yet.

Shifting your stance made the floor creek and his eyes moved to the source of the sound. He stared at you for a moment, taking in the sight of you in one of his shirts. He couldn't help but think how beautiful you are.

You smiled and walked over to the opposite side of the bed, sitting next to him. "You're beautiful you know that?" he marked his page before closing the book.

"So I've heard" You smiled at him.

He pulled back the blankets as you both climbed under them. His arms wrapped around your waist and pulled you into his chest. You trailed your fingers up and down his arm. "I love you" he interrupted your movements.

Your breath caught in your throat as you looked up at him. His blue orbs watched you as your eyes met. Smiling your hand trailed to his cheek as you pressed your lips to his. "I love you too" your lips ghosting over his.

Smiling he kissed you again, you pulled away and cuddled into the crook of his neck. He kissed your hair, "Goodnight [F/n]"

Smiling you kissed his exposed chest, "Goodnight Jay"

His arms wrapped around you tighter as the both of you fell asleep in each others arms and legs tangled under the sheets.