Bright Future

[s/n] - son name

---

When you first met Jason, you weren't sure where your life was going to end up. You had fallen deeply in love with a man who fought at night in a red helmet, wielding guns as he took out Gotham's most feared villains. Your past was full of moving from safehouse to safehouse. Avoiding Jason's enemies and family. Jason was all you needed so you would follow him anywhere.

Jason constantly felt guilty when he'd see you packing up your things, getting ready to move to a different safe house. You constantly understood and never complained. Jason was enough to make you happy. However he always thought he could give you better.

A few years later, all of that changed. It had all happened on a heated night after Jason's patrol. The night had been rough and there was a lot of pent up adrenaline and energy, however it had been piling up for a few days. So, eager to release that pent up adrenaline you and Jason had just jumped right into things. Neither of you thought twice about it, that was until you started throwing up in the mornings a month later and you skipped your period, it could only mean one thing.

You were pregnant.

After that everything changed for Jason. No more jumping around, no more risky missions, no more taking you for granted. It was about time he step up as a boyfriend, especially now. And he did. Jason was there to make sure you were comfortable, eating, sleeping, and all around taken care of. When you started showing it felt like his hands were constantly on your belly and talking to the baby growing inside you.

Your pregnancy even caused Jason to reconnect with his family. It started off slowly, especially for you. The only members of his family you had ever met were Alfred and Cass, so he didn't want to overwhelm you with the many other members. It started off with Tim and Steph, then Dick, Duke, and Babs, and lastly you met Bruce and Damian.

They all were very kind to you, and Jason tried his hardest to stay civil with his father and siblings. You knew the tensions that were there and it meant a lot to see him trying for you. One night after the whole family was over your apartment, both you and Jason were exhausted.

After Jason walked them out he joined you back on the couch. Half-way through the second-trimester you were staring down at your round belly. A hand gently rubbing over it. Jason plopped down beside you and put a hand on your stomach. Turning your head, your lips pressed to his in a gentle chaste kiss. "I love you."

Your words made Jason smile. "I love you too baby." His hand rubbed over your baby bump. Suddenly you felt a slight kick. "Oh" you laughed and Jason grinned, moving his other hand to lay on your belly as he felt the baby kick again. His grin brightened even more. "Hey there little guy." You smiled as Jason talked to your belly. "How do you know it's a boy? We didn't learn the gender?"

He chuckled and stilled his hands as he looked up at you. "Just a hunch." Rolling your eyes, your hand raised to card through his hair. Your fingers gently danced down his face to cup his cheek. "You're gonna make such a great father."

Jason's expression turned to one of surprise when those words left your lips. "Think so?" You nodded and stroked his cheek. "I know so."

"How can you be so sure?"

With a shrug you grinned. "Just a hunch."

Fast forward to 5 months after having your son (yes he was right), Jason's and your relationship had never been stronger with his family. Also, your and Jason's love only got stronger. After having the baby, Jason hung up his helmet for awhile. You and little [s/n] were his main priorities.

His favorite thing to do was walk him around the apartment. Just talking to him and rocking him as [s/n] stared up at him with big blue eyes. You'd be lying if you said it wasn't your favorite thing too. There was just something about the first love of your life cradling the second love of your life so gently in his arms. Jason often wasn't the gentlest of men outside of you, so seeing him with [s/n], it made your heart flutter every time you saw it.

However, one night was even more special. You were laying on the couch and watching Jason walk around with your son. Slowly lulling him to sleep with every slight sway in his step. In a few minutes he was fast asleep and you weren't surprised, Jason had a specialty with getting him to sleep. He pressed his lips to yours before taking him into the nursery to lay him down.

You waited for Jason on the couch and when he didn't come out after a few minutes, you got up to check on him (it wasn't surprising if you'd catch him in there just watching your son sleep). Though this time he wasn't in the nursery so your next stop was the bedroom. You found him rifling through his sock drawer and he jumped when he heard you call 'Jaybabe?'

Jason immediately spun around with a hand behind his back. Your eyebrow rose as you eyed him with suspicion. "What are you hiding?"

"Nothing"

"You know I can tell when you're lying." You walked toward him. Upon reaching him your arms wrapped around his waist while looking up at him with a smile. Jason chuckled and leaned down to press his lips to yours. Happily you returned it, but a little disappointment bubbled up when he pulled away too early for your liking. Expecting him to give you a teasing smirk once his lips were out of reach. However, instead of moving up, he moved down.

Jason sunk down to one knee as his hand pulled from around his back, holding a small, velvet, black box. Your hand covered your mouth as he smiled up at you. "[F/n] I don't even know where to begin. All the time I've known you, I've been desperately in love with you. You've given me so much. You've given me hope, love, stability, re-connection with my family, a beautiful son, and an entire new world and life to live in. You've been my rock since I first met you. No matter where we ended up, you always were there for me. Warehouse to warehouse, city to city. You were there and nobody has stuck with me the way you have, and I couldn't ask for anyone to better to be by my side through everything. So please, do me the honor, will you be my wife?"

You smiled and threw your arms around him, knocking him onto the floor. "Yes, yes! You don't even have to ask."

Jason smiled and hugged you tight before kissing you deeply. "I love you so goddamn much. I would die for you." You smiled and kissed him again. "I love you too baby, but please don't. Once was enough." Your hand caressed his face and Jason nodded. He took the ring and slid it on your finger. "Perfect fit."

"Just like you are for me."

Jason chuckled and shook his head. "You're so sappy."

"Says the one who just did this whole romantic gesture." You smiled and nipped at his cheek. Jason laughed and pressed his lips to yours. "But I mean it, I love you."

Your eyes softened and your hand caressed his face, thumb intentionally gliding over a scar on his cheek. "I know baby. I love you too and I will always be here for you. Forever."

"Promise?"

"I promise."