Don't Panic

Tumblr Request: "A story where the reader consoles Jason during a bad panic attack or something like that?"

---

It all happened in slow motion. Jason turned from the goons you and him were fighting only to receive the crack of a crowbar across his helmet. Half of it shattered as pieces scattered the floor. Jason was disoriented from the blow and all he heard was your voice yelling 'Hood!' and the crazy laughter of his assailant above him.

The Joker pulled back and hit him again, this time in the ribs. Jason was taken right back to that night, that warehouse and it made him freeze up. His breathing labored and his heart felt like it was about to burst in his chest. He expected another blow but it never came. When he opened one of his eyes he saw you on top of the Joker, bashing his face in.

Your hands gripped his jacket as you yanked him up to be nose to nose. "If you ever lay a finger on him again I will snap your fucking neck before you can get out a single chuckle!" The Joker simply laughed maniacally at you, the snarl that left your throat was animalistic before you punched him hard enough to knock him out cold.

Immediately you climbed off him and ran over to Jason. He was shaking and still laying on the cold, hard concrete. "Hood? Jaybaby?" You gently shook his shoulder and he jumped at your touch. Hearing sirens outside of the warehouse, you ran over to the window to see the lights in the distance. Turning back around you saw Jason sprinting frantically to get out of the building. "Hood!" you yelled after him.

Finally you caught up to him on a rooftop, he was on his hands and knees panting and heaving, his body was tense and shaking. "Jaybabe" You hurried to kneel in front of him. Gently you reached behind his helmet and clicked the release so you could removed the damaged piece of armor. His pupils were blown and his cheeks were tear stained.

"Baby?" You cupped his face softly so his eyes met yours after you had ripped your mask off. "Jason I need you to take deep breaths for me. Can you do that for me baby? In and out, nice and easy." You stroked his cheeks comfortingly. However, he was still struggling to catch his breath as time ticked by. "Baby do as I do okay?" He nodded and you began to breathe with him.

After a few moments he finally seemed to get control back over his breathing. You continued to stroke his cheeks and keep him calm. Your hands gently ran through his hair, and you kept whispering that he was safe.

Eventually the adrenaline completely drained from his system and he collapsed into your arms. Shushing him you ran your fingers through his hair and rubbed his back as he quietly sobbed into your shoulder. Pressing your lips to his temple you started whispering in his ear. "I'm here baby, you're okay. Everything's alright now." Doing everything you could to try and soothe him.

He nodded and pulled away from your shoulder. Your hands gently rubbed his cheeks to dry them, "you wanna go home?" Your voice was a calm whisper, hands continuing to stroke his cheeks. Jason silently nodded, so you stood up and helped him as well.

It took a little longer to get home than usual but you made it. Once you opened your window, you helped Jason get inside and to your bed so he could sit down. Standing in front of him, you cupped his face and kissed his forehead. "Do you wanna take a shower?"

Jason nodded but first pulled you into his lap. Straddling his hips, you watched his eyes as they scanned your face. "I'm sor–" "Jason Peter Todd don't you dare finish that sentence." You cut him off and shook your head. He sighed as he rested his forehead to yours, "but I let you down."

"You did everything you could and your reaction was natural Jason. What happened was traumatic and you were forced to face it again, I don't blame you baby... for anything. You could never let me down, I love you too much."

Jason stared into your eyes before nodding. "I love you too." You smiled and stroked his cheeks. "Let's take a shower, yeah? Then we can go to sleep and spend the whole day in bed tomorrow. Just you and me."

"That sounds nice." His voice was quiet and rough. "Then consider it done." Your hands moved down to his shoulders to rub them and his neck. Jason sighed before leaning in to catch your lips gently. Your lips pushed back against his. The kiss lasted a few seconds before you pulled back and met his eyes. He was finally calm again. "C'mon" you gently tugged his hand so he'd be standing.

His size made him tower over you. Your hands gingerly pushed off his jacket and helped him get out of his armor and clothes. Jason's eyes never left your face as he watched you, he couldn't believe he had gotten so lucky to have somebody like you. Finally your eyes lifted to meet his, realizing he had been staring at you a smile spread across your lips. "C'mon, I'll join you."

For the first time that night he smiled, realizing that he would truly have you forever. No matter what.