• Chapter Seven •

Love, when will I get to see you again?

That message had been haunting Haeyoung for the past two weeks.

When she accidentally saw the message that night, she had planned to confront him and demand him for answers. But he was been so determined to show his love towards her. So she had refused to believe that Jungkook was having an affair. 

She simply plugged the charger back into the phone and left it in the bedroom on the night stand as if she never heard the text notification. She wiped away her doubts and placed a smile on her face before walking into the bathroom where he drew up a hot, steaming, relaxing bath for her.

After the bath, they had pizza and chicken like he suggested. Then he made sweet love to her, professed his love to her as they cried out each other's name and rode into their sweet ecstasy.

But that night and many nights for the past two weeks, she saw him take secret peeks at his phone when he received a text message. On the other nights that he wasn't home, he filled them up by spending time at the company practicing his dances or producing music.

Or at least that was what he had said to her, but the nights when he was gone, she waited in bed, restless and felt doubtful that maybe he was really out with this person who called him Love. As soon as she heard the front door unlock, she would slide under the cover and pretended that she was in a deep sleep.

One morning they were having breakfast as a family, Haeyoung was lost in her own thoughts. She didn't hear Jungkook calling her name until she felt him cup her face with his hands. Startled, she pulled back away from his touch.

He frowned and asked with concern, "Are you okay? You seem so distant."

She averted her eyes away down to her plate and muttered, "I'm fine."

No, she's not fine. Every day was a battle for her as she tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. She couldn't look at her husband and wonder who the other woman was. If he was having an affair, why was he sticking around for?

"I'll probably be home late tonight, so you'll have to pick Junho up from school," he said. She nodded as he continued, "Da-hee and I have to practice our dance routine for the charity ball that we were invited to."

Da-hee. Who is that?

Haeyoung nodded as she slowly got up from kitchen table and started to clear the table. She felt like her body was physically there but her mind continuously floated elsewhere. She didn't how much longer she would be able to hold it in.

~~~

Kim Da-hee was a new trainee who was paired up with Jungkook to perform a dance routine for a charity ball that was to be held in a week. The two of them practiced the routine over and over endlessly. Like him, she had the same seriousness of determination when it came to their career.

Jungkook finally called for a 10 minute break before they continue for the rest of the night. Jungkook pulled out his phone to see if he missed any important phone calls.

13 missed calls from Junho's school. His stomach churned with uneasiness as he quickly called back, praying that Junho was okay.

When the school picked up, they explained that Haeyoung never showed to pick up Junho. They had tried calling her but she wasn't answering. Jungkook apologized and said he would come get Junho immediately.

After he hung up, he tried calling Haeyoung but the call went straight to voicemail. He left her a quick message and went to find Da-hee. He found her in the practice room and said, "I'm sorry but let's call it day."

Da-hee, who was on the ground stretching, looked up with concern and asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Haeyoung never went to pick up Junho from school. I don't know where she is and I can't reach her," Jungkook explained as he sighed with worry running his hand through his hair.

Jungkook thought about Haeyoung's behavior that morning. He had watched Haeyoung mindlessly get up from the kitchen table. But it wasn't just that morning that she had been acting differently.

She had seemed to be distant from him for the past two weeks. When he asked her a question, she barely spoke more than two words to him. He had tried to get her to share with him but she would totally ignore him like she didn't hear the question or she said she was fine.

He was worried about his wife's strange behavior. It was not like her to forget about Junho because their son was her lifeline. She treasured him and loved him unconditionally.

"I'll come with you," Da-hee said interrupting his thoughts. She gently placed her hands on his arm and comfortingly squeezed it.

Jungkook looked down at Da-hee's hand that was on his forearm and watched as she ran it up to his bicep. Her touch made him feel uncomfortable. He may have been reading too much into it but it was a little too close for his comfort.

Especially when he had noticed her advances towards him since the day Jimin asked him to talk to her for him. But he ignored them and thought she was just an overly friendly person who liked skinship.

His eyes met hers and he could see the longing desire in her eyes. He quickly pulled away from her grasp and awkwardly said, "This is a family matter. It's best for me to look for her by myself."

He quickly left as he grabbed his wallet and keys. He swore under his breath and decided that from now on when the two of them practiced, one of the members would need to be there with them. He couldn't risk losing Haeyoung over Da-hee's advances towards him.

"Oppa, if you change your mind, just call me," she called out after him.

When Jungkook arrived to Junho's classroom, his son ran into his arms and hugged him tightly. He kissed Junho all over his face and said, "Appa is so sorry. I got busy and forgot. Please forgive your Appa."

Junho smiled towards like there was no worries in his eyes. He wrapped his tiny arms around his dad's neck and innocently, "It's okay, Appa."

Jungkook stood up as he carried Junho in his arms and endlessly apologized to Junho's teacher. Then they made their way back to the car and buckled Junho in his booster seat.

Jungkook slid into the car after he secured Junho in his seat and turned to look at Junho who was talking non-stop about his day at school. He sang a new song that he had learned that day. He gushed about a new girl friend he made.

All the while, as Jungkook was trying to listen to Junho, he was also calling Haeyoung non-stop as he was worried to why her phone was turned off. He decided to head to her boutique to see if she was there.

When they pulled up to Haeyoung's boutique, Jungkook noticed that the lights were still on, indicating that she most likely here. He came around the car and unbuckled Junho from his booster. The two of them walked hand in hand towards the boutique as Junho continued to sing and skipped happily, never noticing the fear Jungkook had over Haeyoung's strange behavior.

Jungkook smiled warmly at Junho who always found a way to ease his worried heart. When they reached door, Jungkook looked up and was about to reach out to open the door, he felt his heart shatter into a hundred pieces at the sight in front of him.

Why was Haeyoung in the comfort of another man's arms?