• Chapter Thirteen •

Photo credit: Twitter Acct @laundry13_

~~~

Prior to the making an appearance at the charity ball, Jungkook had felt confident about the dance performance. But that was until he heard rumors buzzing around that Haeyoung was present at the charity ball.

Knowing that his wife was here for him, it made his heart fluttered excitedly. Then when he saw her standing in the back looking so beautiful, made him become a nervous wreck.

Her presence had made him forget all about the dance performance until his eyes fell upon Da-hee, who was looking pretty timid as she stared at Haeyoung. All of sudden when he glanced at his wife, he became nervous about how Haeyoung was going to react to their performance.

He knew the dance itself was going to be different than to what Haeyoung was used to seeing him do. But he still hoped she would enjoy his performance and he thought maybe if she enjoyed it, he would perform a different version of this privately for her at home.

Before he stepped on to the stage, he found where Haeyoung was sitting. He could see her eyes were focused on him. His heart was pounding vigorously as his eyes met hers. He could see her give him an encouraging smile.

He turned his head back to face Da-hee and placed his whole heart into the performance. Through the entire performance he pictured that Haeyoung was standing infront of as his hands caressed her skin, as he nuzzled her neck, and as his body moved in sync with the woman he loved.

Haeyoung was the only woman he loved and lived for. She was the inspiration that kept him going. He couldn't picture anyone else he would ever love in this lifetime. She was his entire life.

Jungkook stared into Haeyoung's beautiful soft brown eyes. His heart was soaring into the sky as he realized how lucky he was to have her as the love of his life. He leaned forward towards Haeyoung and gently pressed his lips with hers.

"Noona!" Jungkook heard Jimin call out and it made him jerk away. He found Da-hee staring back at him with a lustful desire in her eyes.

He blinked his eyes in confusion and stared at her with a stunned expression. What happened to Haeyoung? She was standing infront of him a few seconds ago.

"Jungkook," Da-hee whispered seductively close to his ears as he felt her small hand brush down his arm and then clasped  tightly to his hand.

He immediately felt sick to his stomach when he realized that he was not locked in a kiss with Haeyoung. He quickly pulled Da-hee off the stage and said, "I'm sorry about that. I got carried away. I thought you were my wife. I didn't mean to kiss you."

Jungkook could see the minor disappointment in her eyes. Da-hee slowly tilted her head down towards the ground and slightly nodded her head, "I understand. Mistakes happen, right?"

Jungkook closed his eyes to find his composure for this little mishap, "You did a great job out there. You have a lot of potential, Da-hee."

"Thanks," she answered with a small smile.

"Anyways, I need to go find Haeyoung and make sure she is alright. Enjoy the rest of your night," Jungkook said with warm smile.

Jungkook turned around and jogged down the hall towards the front of the banquet hall. He spotted Haeyoung heading towards an exit door located at the side of the building.

"Babe!" Jungkook called out.

Haeyoung came to an abrupt stop and then without taking a glance back at him, she continued to run away. He sprinted towards her and within seconds he caught up to her. He grabbed hold her elbow and twirled her around to face him.

"Let go of me," Haeyoung cried softly with tears rolling down her face.

"I'm sorry, babe. I know I made mistake by getting too wrapped up with the performance. But throughout the entire time, I pictured that I was dancing with you. I thought I was kissing you," Jungkook explained quickly in one breath. He prayed that she would forgive him for making a stupid mistake.

Haeyoung laughed and he heaved a sigh of relief. But then he noticed a glare in her eyes as she yanked her elbow out of his grasp. She pushed him away and hissed, "You think I'm going to believe that it was an innocent kiss?"

"It was an innocent kiss," Jungkook said as he stepped closer to her.

She held her hand up to stop him, "I know, Jungkook. You don't have to pretend like you don't know what I was talking about."

He stared at her with a blank expression. He was truly confused and didn't know. What is Haeyoung talking about? What exactly was she trying to get at?

"Babe, what are you talking about?"

"I've been pretending like I didn't know because I have been trying hard to tell myself that you wouldn't do something like that to hurt me. But tonight you kissed your little slut infront of me. I got your message loud and clear!" She yelled angrily as the tears continued roll down her face.

"What are you trying to imply here?"

"I know about your affair, Jungkook. I saw a text message she sent you! I see how you secretly look at your phone every single time she sends you a text message! I'm not oblivious to what's going on around me. I was just stupid to think you would want forever with me!"

Haeyoung turned around and ran out the exit door. Jungkook watched her run out and he didn't have the strength to go after her. She knew about the text messages and he hated himself for not listening to Jimin.

Jimin had warned him to tell Haeyoung and he had been meaning to tell her. But he kept pushing aside because he was waiting for the right moment to tell her.

Every time he was ready to tell her, she looked stressed and worried about something, so he didn't want to put anymore burden on her. But now as he looked back to what she revealed to him...

He realized that he was the reason of her stress. He was the one who caused a strain and distance in their marriage. She was broken and crying because of him. He realized that he fucked up and may have lost her forever.

"Jungkook?" He heard Jimin call out.

"Hyung," Jungkook whispered as he slid down against the wall.

"What's wrong? Where's Noona?" Jimin asked as he knelt beside Jungkook.

Jungkook felt tears rolled down his cheeks, "She knew about the text messages and since I didn't tell her about them, she misunderstood them."

Jimin sighed deeply, "Jungkook, I thought you were going to tell her."

"I had planned to, but... Oh my God..." Jungkook cried in despair as he rubbed his face with his hands, "What do I do, hyung?"

***
A/N: So what exactly is going on with Jungkook and these mysterious text messages? Is he really having an affair with Da-hee? Are these text messages from Da-hee???

Anyways, I just got really excited and I just had to finish editing this chapter of the story. But I might not be able to update until the end of the week. Thank you for reading. :)