• Chapter Twenty Two •

"Junho, baby, frosting belongs on the cake, not your fingers," Haeyoung said after catching Junho's fingers in the bowl of whipped cream frosting for the twentieth time.

Junho sat at the kitchen table and was helping her frost a cake while she was busy cooking all of the dishes that each member had mentioned to her what they wanted to eat when she had secretly asked them during the week.

"I know, mommy," he said licking his fingers, "But the frosting keeps touching my fingers. Then the frosting keeps saying to eat me, eat me."

Haeyoung laughed softly as she caught sight of her son from the corner of her eyes, looking around to make sure she wasn't looking before he dipped his fingers into the frosting yet again.

She loved her son's creative imagination as she listened to him describe the whipped cream frosting like it was a living, moving thing trying to possess his fingers and drawing them into the bowl against his willpower.

She could hear Junho smack his lips together after he licked each one of his fingers clean of frosting. She discreetly shook her head with amusement but she knew she should stop him before he spoiled his appetite for dinner.

Once she was able to control and keep a straight face, she placed her hands on her hips and tapped her feet.

"Jeon Junho, do I need to separate you and the whipped cream frosting?" She said sternly.

"No, mommy," Junho shook his head as he stared at her with a guilty expression, "The frosting promised me he won't be naughty anymore."

"Okay good," she said while holding out a bowl of deep red, juicy strawberries, "Now could you help me place these delicious strawberries on the cake without eating them?"

She knew strawberries was his favorite fruit as his eyes twinkled with delight while he stared at them. He shook his head and protested, "But mommy, I love strawberries. The strawberries are telling me to eat all of them right now."

"I know you love them, but how about you place twelve strawberries in a different bowl for the cake and then you can eat the rest?" Haeyoung suggested, "I am sure your daddy and your uncles would love to try some. Do you think you can share some with them?"

"Yes, mommy," Junho said as he enthusiastically nodded his head.

He grabbed the bowls from her hands and started counting the strawberries to separate them.

Haeyoung peeked at the time on her cellphone and it was almost eight o'clock. Jungkook had said that they would be home around that time. She quickly turned back to the stove to finish up her cooking.

When Haeyoung finished setting the table, she glanced at the clock that hung in the dining room and it was about quarter after eight. Any minute now, the members would return and she couldn't wait to see their reaction.

She grabbed her cellphone to quickly text Jungkook to see where they were at. Only to find a text message from Jungkook causing her to heave a deep sigh of disappointment...

We're running behind on schedule. Da-hee is still in L.A. so after our schedule we're going to dinner with her. Not sure when we'd be back. Don't wait up for us. -Jungkook

Da-hee. Haeyoung felt her heart drop heavily. She hadn't been able to stop thinking about her conversation with Da-hee when she had came out for a fitting at the boutique. That woman made her feel sick to her stomach about not knowing what Da-hee's intentions were.

Haeyoung suddenly lost her appetite but carefully made a plate for Junho before deciding to pack the rest away. She set it down infront of him and ruffled his hair, "I guess it's just you and me, buddy."