• Chapter Seventeen •

Photo credit: Twitter @beyondit_0901

~~~

At Haeyoung's request, Jungkook allowed her to take a peaceful nap, while he took Junho out for a walk. He took Junho on the same path that he and Haeyoung had taken a few years back. They ended up stopping on the same bridge and he made Junho take some photos.

"Junho," Jungkook said as he looked away from the camera and peeked at Junho who was now laying flat on this back, "When your Appa is away from home, will you be a big boy and always protect your Eomma?"

"Mmmhmm," Junho answered oblivious to the question. What four year old would know the true meaning to his question?

Jungkook was afraid that Haeyoung wasn't going to listen to his explanation. He was afraid that she already made her decison and that this trip was a waste of time. He knew Haeyoung was pretty stubborn and the little time he had to spend with her probably won't do a thing to change her mind.

"Promise?" Jungkook asked sticking out his pinky towards Junho.

Junho sat up, reached over towards Jungkook, linked his pinky with Jungkook, and said, "Promise."

For the rest of the afternoon, the two of them laid back on the bridge and gazed at the clouds. They pointed the different shapes and characters that clouds had formed. Jungkook enjoyed himself watching and listening to Junho get overly excited.

Jungkook thought back to when he was told to deny that Junho was his son. He back to how others told him that he was going to ruin his career and how it would be the greatest mistake of his life if he claimed Junho.

But at the end, he sat down with his members and they told him that no matter what he decided, they would have his back. It was all he needed to hear from them as he knew his heart had already chosen his love for Haeyoung and Junho.

It was one of the best decisions he had made in his life. Over the years that he had spent with Haeyoung and Junho, they had given him more than he could ever want. If he had to go back, he would make the same decision all over again.

He couldn't imagine his life without Haeyoung and Junho. They made his life so much fuller and gave his life so much more meaning. It was why he needed to clear things up with Haeyoung. He didn't want to lose the two people who he lived his life for.

When Jungkook and Junho decided to head back to the cabin, the sun was starting to set. As they were walking through the front door, Jungkook could hear music blasting from the kitchen. He placed a finger at his lip to indicate for Junho to remain quiet.

The two of them tip-toed their way towards the kitchen and found Haeyoung with her back towards them. She was in her own world, dancing and singing while she was cooking dinner.

Jungkook glanced down at Junho and he was looking up at him with the biggest smile on his face. He pointed at his mom with his mouth covered, trying not to laugh out loud and disturb his mom. Jungkook quietly walked towards Haeyoung. He swiftly snaked his around her waist and pulled her against his chest.

"Hey beautiful," Jungkook whispered in her ears.

Haeyoung yelped in surprise as Junho started giggling and dancing around the kitchen. He felt her tense up in his arms as she slowly turned around to face Jungkook and pulled away from him. His heart sunk a little to see the uncomfortableness in her face but he didn't blame her. He knew it was because in her mind he was a cheating husband.

Jungkook gave her a small smile and then said, "I'm going to get Junho cleaned up for dinner."

Haeyoung nodded her head in acknowledgement and reached for her cellphone to turn off the music. She quietly turned back to the stove without a word.

Jungkook motioned towards Junho and said, "Come on, buddy. Let's get you washed up for dinner."

Junho quickly ran towards the bathroom while Jungkook's eyes lingered longingly towards the back of Haeyoung for a bit. His heart felt a little broken, but he knew he had to stay strong and to keep on fighting. Finally, he turned around and went to help Junho in the bathroom.

~~~

After dinner, Jungkook followed Haeyoung and Junho outside. He sat behind Haeyoung on the top porch steps while they watched Junho run around and shout at the top of his lungs to release his energy.

Jungkook grinned widely and said, "You know, I think Junho needs another a sibling so he could have someone to run around with."

He watched her smile disappeared and grimaced of pain as she looked back towards him. His smile fell quickly as he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. He could see her fighting with her inner self and it pained his heart to know he was the cause of it.

He couldn't stand seeing the person he loved the most being hurt. He needed to make their marriage right again. She only deserved to be given the best of this world.

"On the last of our tour, someone snuck into our dressing room and vandalized the whole room with words stating that I belonged to them. The floor was..." Jungkook  took a deep breath and opened his eyes, "The floor was covered with photos of our family and your face was scratched out. There were also threats written that if I didn't leave you, they would hurt you."

Jungkook could hear Haeyoung gasped as he continued, "After we returned, I started receiving these text messages and I thought I could simply ignore them, but they seemed to come in more frequent. I thought of changing my phone number, but I feared that if this person all of sudden couldn't contact me, they would turn and hurt you."

Haeyoung moved to sit on a step closer to him and leaned her back against him with his legs on each side of her. She placed her hands on his knee. Jungkook leaned forward and wrapped his arms around her.

Haeyoung looked up at him and he could see the worry in his wife's eyes as she whispered, holding back her tears,"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to worry you, babe. I figured if you didn't know, it was enough to consider it as protecting you and Junho. Especially when we don't know who this perpetrator is," Jungkook explained as he caressed her cheek with his thumb, "But keeping this information from you almost cost our marriage. Whatever happens, I'm going to tell you everything. I don't want anything coming between us. I love you, HaeBae. Your my everything, my life. Will you forgive me for hiding this from you?"

Haeyoung turned to face him and gazed deeply into his eyes, "There is still one more thing that you haven't addressed yet."

He leaned his forehead against her, "What is it?"

"That doesn't explain why you kissed Da-hee."

Jungkook groaned, "Please trust me when I say that it was an innocent kiss. I was seriously so wrapped into my performance. The whole time I pictured myself dancing with you. It was you the whole time. I thought I was kissing you."

Haeyoung grinned slyly, "Will you show me your dance again after Junho goes to bed?"

Jungkook broke into a smile as his heart thumped, "Of course. There was a different version to that dance. For your eyes only."

"Mmmm... My eyes only?" Haeyoung said as she stared at him seductively.

Jungkook nodded as he bit his bottom lips.

"Okay, I'll forgive you for not telling me about this whole stalker ordeal," Haeyoung said as she brushed her nose with his, "But please don't do it again. We're a team and we both need to be in this together."

"Understood," Jungkook said as he cupped her face with his hands, "I love you, Babe."

"I love you, too," Haeyoung said right before Jungkook pressed his lips upon hers in a sweet kiss.