• Chapter Thirty Seven •

Jungkook was sitting at Junho's bedside while his son was asleep in his hospital room. He wanted to head to emergency care to find out the status of Haeyoung but Junho wouldn't let go of his hand. Wooyoung said he would wait for any news and let him know as soon as the doctor came out.

There was a knock on the door. Jungkook turned around and it was his parents. He quickly stood up, surprised to see them. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We heard on the news that Haeyoung and Junho went missing. We came soon as we could," his mom answered, "When we went to your apartment and didn't find you there, we called your company. They said you were here."

"Mom, since when do you care?" Jungkook hissed angrily. "Have you come to confirm that the daughter-in-law is dead so that you could gloat?"

He watched as his mom's expression turned to hurt and rejected. She started to cry and fled the hospital room. His dad turned towards him and shook his head with disappointment. Jungkook rolled his eyes and said curtly, "What? Am I wrong?"

"Why are you so hateful? We know she has not been perfect but this is your mother that we're talking about."

"The only time mom has ever cared is if she benefited from it."

"She's trying, Jungkook."

"How, dad? Tell me how she's trying."

"That's a conversation you will need to have with your mom."

"I have nothing to say to her."

"Just go and talk to her."

Jungkook stared angrily at his dad. Was his dad serious about him trying have a conversation with his mom during this difficult time? He had absolutely no desire to understand his mom at this moment. His number one priority was his family. His wife was fighting for her life and he had no idea if their daughter that Haeyoung is carrying was still alive or not.

His dad stared back as if he was silently saying to him 'well, are you going to check up on your mom or not?' Jungkook rubbed his face and sighed. "Are serious right now, dad?"

"Dead serious," his dad said without a flinch and with a serious tone of voice.

"This is not the time nor the place."

"Please Jungkook. Just go talk to your mom. I can tell you that this is something Haeyoung would have wanted you to do."

"How would this be something Haeyoung wanted? Mom hated her!"

"Son, you know I adored Haeyoung even though your mom wasn't too happy when you and Haeyoung announced your relationship. So you have to trust me on this," Mr. Jeon said softly as he laid a comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook grumbled with displeasure and got up from his chair. He sighed, "Fine. Could you stay and watch Junho? He's been pretty clingy because he's still shook up with what all that has happened."

"Of course. Don't worry about him. I love spoiling my grandson with my love and affection. Besides you know how much this kid loves his grandpa," Mr. Jeon said with a cheesy smile.

Jungkook stepped outside and found his mom sitting in a chair right outside the hospital room. She looked up at him with red eyes and tear-stained cheeks. She smiled slightly and motioned for him to sit next to her. He sat down and leaned back with eyes closed. The exhaustion from the night was wearing him down and he didn't know if he could handle a conversation with his mom.

"I know I don't deserve an ounce of forgiveness from you for the way I've treated your wife," Mrs. Jeon said softly, taking his hand into hers, "It took me a while but I've seen the way she lights up your world. I have seen how happy she makes you. And I saw how much she loved you when I took a step forward to try and make amends with Haeyoung a couple of weeks ago. That girl had every right to hate me but because she loved you and wanted you and I to have a mother and son relationship, she told me she forgave me."