• Chapter Thirty Eight •

30 years later...

"Grandpa!" A high pitched voice squealed excitedly as the car door flung opened and a small girl with her hair placed into two pigtail buns on the top of her head came rushing towards Jungkook.

"My sweet So-min!"

Jungkook grinned from ear to ear as he quickly made his way off the porch of the cabin that he had purchased after he retired from his singing career about fifteen years ago. The cabin had always been his favorite place in the whole wide world. He loved the calm and peace that this place brought him.

It was also where the most of his happy memories were made by the people he loved. Then it became a family tradition to visit the cabin after Junho married his childhood sweetheart, Yerin, six years ago and they had their beautiful daughter So-min.

His little five year old granddaughter came flying into his arms. He scooped her and gave her butterfly kisses.

"How's my favorite princess?"

"Gooooood," she cooed as she wrapped her tiny arms around his neck, "I've missed you so much grandpa."

"I've missed you, too, sweetheart."

Someone cleared their throat. Jungkook turned around and his beautiful daughter had her arms crossed infront of her chest as she tapped her feet. She mischeviously smirked at him as she raised one of her eyebrows at him and said, "Dad, I thought I was your only favorite princess?"

His daughter, Haeun was a beautiful image of her mom, Haeyoung with dark long straight brown hair, long lean legs, bright round brown eyes, sweetheart shaped face, soft creamy skin. But she had a playful heart like he did.

Jungkook placed one arm around Haeun' s shoulders and kissed her cheek. He winked at her and said, "No one said I can't have more than one favorite princess."

"Yeah, Auntie Haeun," So-min said as she stuck out her tongue out at her aunt to provoke her.

"Baby girl, you keep sticking your tongue at me and I won't let you be my flower girl princess any more," Haeun teased.

So-min pouted and said, "Sorry, Auntie Haeun. You can be grandpa's favorite princess."

Jungkook smiled at the thought of her daughter getting married the following month. He couldn't believe how fast the years rolled by him. He wasn't ready to let his baby go and see her really become an adult.

"Awh, thanks baby girl," Haeun said as she tapped So-min's nose with her finger, "But we all know who grandpa's favorite princess is."

"Grandma!" So-min exclaimed in a delightful tone of voice as her eyes lit up like the morning sun rising up to light up the darken world. She leaned her head on Jungkook's shoulder and said in the sweetest voice, "Grandpa, could you tell me the story how you discovered that grandma was a real princess?"

"Of course, sweetheart," Jungkook said as he carried So-min up the steps and sat on the patio loveseat on the porch. He placed his excited granddaughter unto his lap. She snuggled into chest and looked up at Haeun.

"Auntie Haeun, are you going to sit and listen to story, too?" She cutely asked.

"Of course I am! This is my most favorite fairytale ever!" Haeun said excitedly. She settled right next to her father and snuggled into his embrace as he place his arm her shoulders.

Jungkook smile warmly as he remembered telling her the story as a bedtime story of how he met her mother, how they fell in love, and how she became his favorite princess of all times. Then after Junho and Yerin had So-min, he would sit and tell his granddaughter about the love story fairytale. He always got a kick out of watching the way So-min's eyes twinkled, exactly the way his own daughter's eyes twinkled.