• Chapter Nineteen •

It's been three weeks since Jungkook and the BTS members have been in L.A. As he promised, Jungkook had not missed a day or night of contacting Haeyoung and Junho. He called before he went to bed and then he sneak in a couple of minutes to call before Junho headed to bed.

"Fourteen more days, babe," Jungkook said as he laid his head back on his pillow.

Actually seven more day, Haeyoung thought to herself as she tried to contain her emotions through FaceTime. She had actually booked a flight to L.A. and the same beach house that they stayed at a few years ago when they were there for a photoshoot.

The BTS members were aware that her and Junho were heading out to L.A. to surprise Jungkook and to celebrate Junho's birthday. Haeyoung had also checked with PD Bang to see if it was possible for Jungkook to stay behind for a few extra days and when it was approved, she was so ecstatic. She had a hard time trying to keep a straight face every time she talked with Jungkook.

Haeyoung watched as Jungkook tiredly talked about their day of recording a couple television shows where BTS were cameos and how he was still amazed to see so many supporting fans. He shared with her how he even had some fans asking about how her and Junho were doing and if he had missed them.

Finally when Haeyoung saw how droopy his eyes were getting and how incoherent he became as sleep began to take over his body, she bid him good night and blew a kiss towards him. He smiled foolishly at her and whispered, "I am a lucky man."

"And I'm a lucky woman," Haeyoung replied with a wink.

Both knew deep in their heart, neither wanted to hang up. Both of them wanted to continue to stare at one another as long as they could, but Haeyoung knew that Jungkook needed his sleep. She didn't ever want him to be deprived from some well deserved shut eye.

Haeyoung waved one last time at him and turned off FaceTime.

When Haeyoung looked up, she gasped in surprise and her heart thumped nervously to see Da-hee standing in the middle of her boutique staring at her with a smile plastered on her face.

"Sorry, Unnie. I didn't mean to scare you. I thought you heard me come in to the store," Da-hee said, sounding a bit deviously.

Haeyoung peeked at her watch and realized Da-hee was early for her appointment. She glanced back at Da-hee.

"But you're early today."

"Yeah, I have to pack for my early trip tomorrow. I hope it's okay that I stopped in early."

"You're fine," Haeyoung said and motioned for Da-hee to follow her.

Da-hee had a formal dress fitting her a movie premier she was invited to. Haeyoung had agreed to help Big Hit find a dress for her.

"Was that Jungkook that you were talking to?" Da-hee asked, looking nonchalantly.

"Yeah. They had just finished a schedule and were heading to bed," Haeyoung replied, wondering why Da-hee wanted to know who she was talking to.

"Ah, that's why he didn't reply to my text."

And there's my answer, Haeyoung thought, rolling her eyes. She kept her cool, knowing she needed to trust her husband even though she wasn't sure what Da-hee's intentions were.

"Oh, did you need him for something?"

"I was heading out L.A. for a couple of weeks and just wondered if he needed me to bring him anything," Da-hee replied as if she was oblivious to why she would need to bring anything to a married man.

Haeyoung turned back to look through more dresses with a scowl on her face. She kept soothing herself to stay calm, stay collective as she silently shouted in her mind, I'm his wife, I can bring it to him when I visit next week. Hell, she should be asking me, not Jungkook.