• Chapter Twelve •

Photo credit: Twitter Acct @laundry13_

~~~

When they reached the table, the BTS members were not surprise to see Haeyoung. Jimin smirked and shook his head in disbelief to see her, "Noona, I can't believe the rumors were true about you being here."

"You two with your lovey dovey crap makes us all want to puke," Jin teased as he rolled his eyes at them.

"Ha-ha. Funny. I'm happy to see all of you, too," Haeyoung said sarcastically as she sat down.

Jungkook placed his arms around her shoulder and pulled her closer to him as he pressed a soft kiss at her temple, "Ignore them. They're just jealous that they don't have a loving wife like you."

Haeyoung melted in his arms and laid her head on his chest. She tilted her head up towards him as he bent his head down towards her with a gentle smile and winked at her. She released a soft sigh of relief as she placed her hand on Jungkook's thigh.

When she looked into his eyes, everything fell into place. His touch placed her heart at peace. His presence alone reassured that she was not in this alone. He was everything in the world to her. She would trust everything he said to her and overlook certain things. This was how being madly in love with someone should be.

Haeyoung felt Jungkook's phone vibrate against her body and she felt his body tense up. Her eyes wandered towards where Da-hee was sitting. She was staring straight at her with a despicable smirk on her face.

The loving feeling she felt a few minutes ago quickly dissolved when she lifted her head up towards Jungkook and he was staring passed Namjoon's shoulder with a grim look on his face. His eyes were focused across the table and she was afraid to follow it to where it may lead to. She knew she would rather pretend to not know than to confirm her deepest fears.

She gently squeezed his thigh and his eyes quickly gazed back down towards her. He placed his hand on top of hers and smiled.

"Is everything okay?" Haeyoung asked.

"Yes, just a little nervous," Jungkook answered with a tight-lipped smile.

"You're going to do great. You always do, honey," she said encouragingly with a bright smile.

"Thanks babe," he said as he brought her hand up to his lips and lightly placed a kiss on her knuckles.

They turned back to the conversation that the BTS members were having at the table regarding who was Junho's favorite uncle was. Haeyoung watched with amusement as the debate went around the table of why they were his favorite.

Jin argued that he knew all of Junho's favorite dishes and could always whip one of those dishes up for him. Yoongi said he was his favorite because he allowed Junho to hang out with him in the studio and helped him record his first song. Junho had told him how much fun he had with him.

Haeyoung's eyes widen with excitement, "Ooooh, Yoongi, could I have a copy of that song?"

"Of course," Yoongi answered with a wink, "Just so you know, I think your son has a natural talent in the music career."

"Well you all know that Junho loves to shake that cute little booty of his. I'm his favorite cause we get to have fun and have a dance party all the time," Hoseok claimed proudly with a huge grin.

"Well I'm his favorite because I have Tannie," Taehyung said with a grin.

"He doesn't like you. He likes Tannie," Jimin teased as he threw a napkin at Taehyung causing to everyone roar in laughter.

"Jungkook?" A voice quietly interrupted from behind them, "I was told to come get you and prepare for our performance."

Haeyoung turned around and saw Da-hee standing behind them. Since when were they comfortable enough with each other to be so informal?

Then she noticed how Da-hee kept her gaze intently focused on Jungkook only. Da-hee did not even once glance or greet anyone else at the table, making it an awkward atmosphere.

Haeyoung turned back to Jungkook and couldn't figure out if he was hiding something or if he was just oblivious to the whole situation. But as soon as Jungkook glanced at his watch, he jumped up from his seat, "Ah, shoot. Sorry, I didn't realize how late it has gotten."

Without another word to anyone, he walked off with Da-hee out of the ballroom. Haeyoung watched as Da-hee leaned over and whispered something into Jungkook's ear. Then she watched as Jungkook placed his arms around her shoulder and brought her closer to his side.

Haeyoung felt like her heart was ripped out of her body and stomped on. She was telling herself not overreact. Da-hee was probably nervous about performing tonight and being the good person he was, he was probably trying to give her some words of encouragement.

But no matter what Haeyoung told herself, she couldn't convince herself to not think the worst. It would have not bothered her if she didn't know about what Junho had spilled out to her earlier that week.

Then as if the night couldn't get any worse, Haeyoung had to sit through the most intimate dance performance Jungkook had ever had as he danced to 'Pony' by Ginuwine with Da-hee.

She told herself that it was nothing but a performance and that it was something he does as an entertainer. But it bothered her profusely and she was sure that the performance probably meant more to Jungkook and Da-hee.

Her heart was raging with jealousy when she watched him seductively brushed his fingers down Da-hee's arm and she could see the way Da-hee reacted with pure satisfaction. Her stomach tied in a painful knot as she watched him place his hand at the small of Da-hee's back and pushed her against his body.

Haeyoung clenched her hands into tight fists in anger as she watched him bury his head in her neck. She closed her eyes tightly as it burned to watch him stared intensively into another woman's eyes.

At the end of their performance, Haeyoung took a deep breath and forced her eyes opened to see them frozen in each other's arms, breathing heavily as they locked eyes and the lights started to dim out. Then right before the lights went out completely, Haeyoung and everyone in the room witnessed Jungkook and Da-hee's lips locked in a kiss.

While everyone around her stood up in standing ovation with applause, whistling, hooting, and hollering, Haeyoung stayed seated to her chair as she felt her heart shattering into millions of pieces. The tears she had held back for so many days broke through and came rushing down her cheeks.

Before the lights would come back on and reveal her pain stricken face, she found the strength to stand up from her seat. There was no way she was going to sit here like a complete fool to satisfy what Da-hee and Jungkook had set out to accomplish.

As she grabbed her clutch and fled the room, she could hear Jimin calling out after her with his voice full of worry, "Noona!"