04

hyejin

i was sitting on the swing by the garden, i only saw some few sick kids running around. i was swinging myself looking up the sky, still had the same exact blue dress i had yesterday. there was a garden in the hospital, luckily my nurse told me i could go down here.

the swing kept squeaking but still, it was peaceful. but suddenly, the squeaking became twice louder, which got on my nerves. i turned my head around to check what it was, and i saw the exact same person yesterday from the balcony.

it was lucas.

he was sitting, and swinging himself a bit while he had two ice cream on both of his hand.

our eyes met, and again the warm feeling spreaded throughout my wide chest. a smile was seen on his lips, he offered the ice cream he had on his right hand. "want some?" he asked, i looked at the strawberry flavored ice cream, my mouth was already watering. i really wanted to have something refreshing and cold.

"thanks~" i thanked him, and grabbed the ice cream. i started licking on it, it was so refreshing, it was delicious. i was enjoying the ice cream, but i felt him staring at me. i felt a bit uncomfortable, but i was blushing.

"hyejin right?" he asked, i faced him and simply nodded.

"when did you came here?" he asked, and took a bite of his ice cream. i finished eating my ice cream i got in my mouth first, before talking. "just yesterday, i got sent to the hospital because i was exhausted and drank soju too much." i bit my lip, saying that i drank soju i felt like regretting that.

"woah, well that's something." he laughed.

"what about you, how long have you been here?" i asked curiously, and waited for his answer. he scratched his head, and laughed nervously.

"almost a month actually, when my friends realized i was getting more weak and getting easily exhausted they decided to send me to the hospital. the doctor did said my heart is gonna get weaker and weaker every single day. so i don't know if i can actually escape from this place, i really want to. i just have no idea how, and i wanna be free. it feels like prison here." he frowned, his tellings made my eyes widened. he had been here for almost a month? that sure is a lot.

"oh..." was the only thing i could say, i had no idea what to reply back.

"then what have you been doing here the few past weeks?" i asked, maybe he knows something to do in here.

"hmm, actually nothing but go to the balcony, here at the garden, food court or the library." he said, and shrugged his shoulders. i was impressed, there is a library here? that seems awesome. i would like to visit it.

"but luckily someone in my age is here, mostly there are only old people here because they are obviously dying. but...." he paused and knitted his eyebrows, as he looked at me. "are you the same age as me?"

"um i just turned 19 last month, april 1st." i said, he hummed as a response and excitedly smiled.

"im 19 too, i am older than you"
"but do people prank you on your birthday?" he asked, and grinned.

"oh, yeah they do. having birthday in april fools sucks." i laughed, looking at his beautiful face.