32

hyejin

even though me and lucas haven't been talking since taeyong told me about his mission, i still miss being with him. it's been a week, i missed his hugs, his voice, his smile, his eyes, i miss him so much.

"hyejin?" someone spoke, i left my daydream world and looked up to see who it was. it was sicheng with a plastic bag full of food, he placed it on the table and sat at the edge of the bed. he smiled at me, as i fakely smiled back.

"i have good news~" sicheng patted my head twice, i just waited for him to tell the good news. i didn't even looked excited, i was expressionless.

"you'll be leaving the hospital soon, doctor said you're doing well" sicheng cheered, but suddenly lucas popped in my mind. am i going to leave him? i just really want to be with him even though i know about his mission.

"when?" i asked with wide eyes. "one more week, you're out of here..." sicheng furrowed his eyebrows. "why do you look like you don't want to?"

"it's nothing, i just...it's nothing" i lied, he took a deep breathe and grabbed my hands. our eyes met, and i could see he was nervous about something.

he bit his lips before saying something. "hyejin, it's been a long time since i wanted to tell you this. i was just afraid if you wouldn't feel the same..." the last four words made my heart stopped, i already had thoughts driving inside my mind. i bit my lips, and was afraid of what he would say to me.

"um..." he gulped, he let out a small laugh and scratched his head. "i really like you....." those words made my heart melt, but at the same time, crashed my heart.

"since the first day i met you, i saw something inside you that made me feel different. i saw a bright side of you. i went crazy when i see you face, it's so beautiful. surprised when the inside was too. every time when i am with you, i feel really complete. but i still couldn't search out what that feeling was. but sure it took like months for me to find out what it was....." he pursed his lips, and looked at me with a scared expression. he held my hands more tightly, and took a deep long breathe. all i could do was lay down, looking like a crackhead. 

"i realised, that i am falling for you hyejin...." my heart even crashed more, but i managed to hold my pain away. hid them, so sicheng wouldn't see it. "you don't really have to feel the same way, i just wanted to finally let this out"

i bit my lips again, i was so speechless. i didn't know how to say it, without making him hurt. i don't want to hurt anybody, my mission was to love and make people. 

"sicheng...." i said with a hurt tone, only one word made sicheng frown and look down quickly. i let out a small sigh, and looked at him before talking. "i am glad you're finally confessing, to finally say the truth..." i paused "but i don't feel the same way...." 

he faked laughed, and nodded his head, he hid his pain behind him, but it was obvious. 

"i just only see you as a brother. thank you for being here for me, when doyoung isn't around. thank you for everything you gave me, thank you for caring about me. but don't worry sicheng, you would always be a part of my life. always inside my heart" i held his hands tight, and there was a real smile seen on his lips. 

"always~" i said again, he smiled widely. i quickly sat up, and hugged him tightly, tight enough that he would feel better. that the pain would fade away. he hugged back, and gently kissed my head. 

he broke the hug, and i thought of something that made my eyes widened. "does doyoung knows about this?"

he giggled cutely, and nodded his head. so doyoung knew about this the whole time, and he haven't told me yet? 

"i know what you're thinking" sicheng chuckled, while looking at my surprised expression that was plastered on my face. "you think it's shocking how you're brother is fine of how his friend is crushing over his sister"

suddenly someone barged inside the room, there i saw my brother doyoung with wide eyes. he looked at sicheng, at me, and back at sicheng again. "did it work?" was left on doyoung's mouth.

all me and sicheng could do is stare at him blankly, he closed the door and stood in front of us. "hyejin do- did he already? does she know it? what was her response-....." he kept looking at me and sicheng, with is head waving fastly since he didn't knew who to look at. 

sicheng shook his head, and showed everything. explained everything. 

"well then who are you crushing over?" doyoung crossed his arms, and looked disappointed.