52

hyejin

when lucas left the house, i felt so empty. i felt incomplete, without him i can't even focus that much. i feel so weird when i am not around his arms, mostly because i know what's gonna happened to him in a few weeks.

i sat on the couch, biting my nails, and kept thinking about what happened earlier. yes, i thought about what he said. that he is dying soon, i was so shocked. i felt so sad, i just want him to stay. why do he have to leave me? he has been such a big part of my life right now. why? oh, because he was the one who actually made me feel how love was between a boy and a girl. he makes me feel so special, when i am around him. i love him with all my heart, and i wish he could stay. sadly, he couldn't.

and also the fact that he kissed me, when he saw me really upset over what he said. when he kissed me, the world really fell apart. it collapsed, and i was speechless. but i of course couldn't kiss back, since my lips were shaking so much. and i was so shock of his sudden actions.

i wish i did, but i couldn't.

the door opened, as keys rang. i turned around and saw doyoung, along with sicheng and jaehyun. i smiled weakly, and stood up. i walked towards them, as i saw sicheng running towards the kitchen with a box of pizza. jaehyun who was covering his "spot" while jumping up and down, also struggled taking his shoes off.

"oh god, i need to go to the toilet..." jaehyun said, when his shoes were finally off his feet, he quickly ran his way to the toilet. and i weakly chuckled at him.

"sister, i decided to have a relaxing movie night with jaehyun, sicheng and you....." doyoung said, eyes were focused on his zipper, unzipping his jacket. "you can invite others, what about um...oh lucas" he said, and faced me soon as he finished fixing himself.

when he mentioned his name, my forced smile faded away as my head slowly hang down. "hyejin-ah? are you okay?" he asked, and walked towards me, he cupped my shoulder, and leaned down to look up at my face.

"you can tell me anything hyejin" doyoung said, slowly brushing his fingers through my hair. i tried to hold back my tears, by chewing on my lips, but failed. i literally teared up again, and i just couldn't hold them back. it's too hard.

just imagine the person you love is about to die in a few weeks.

"hyejin....talk to me" doyoung begged, of course i tried to talk, but i can't since i have hiccups and i cried too much. which didn't let me speak, it was pretty embarrassing. he cupped my face, and wiped the tears off my cheeks. but more tears flow down.

"l-lucas" i stuttered, and was the only word i could say. doyoung's pupil dilated, his body stood straight up a bit after hearing what i said. he then stood up, and hugged me tightly. "so he finally told you about what's gonna happen in a few weeks?" he questioned as i nodded my head.

"hyejin...i know this is so hard for you right now. this is also the reason why i let you skip school for a while, because i want you to be with lucas. support him, and be there for him. lucas told me that you are such an important person for him, and asked me if it was fine to let you be with him. of course i agreed, because i know he is almost the half percent of your life. and i didn't told you this, because he wanted to say to you. maybe now you would understand things more. why you've been skipping school, and why i agreed that you would be with a boy that isn't sicheng" he tried to crack a laugh at his last sentence, but he sense that this is a serious situation.

he hugged me more tighter, and kissed my head. "hyejin this is going to be a tough two weeks for you, but do this for lucas would you?" he asked, and broke the hug as he looked at me with his bunny eyes.

"e-everything for lucas..." i stuttered, and forced a smile. i quickly wiped off my tears with my palms, and took a deep breathe. "that's my girl~" he ruffled my hair, and smiled.

"oh...why is she c-crying...are- you okay h-hyejin?" sicheng popped out of nowhere, with a pizza on his left hand, and the right hand he had his phone. i nodded my head, and sicheng walked towards me, hugged me.

"oh...so did lucas told her?" jaehyun then popped, while zipping his pants.

doyoung nodded. jaehyun kissed my head, and smiled at me to cheer me up. "fighting hyejin...you can do this"

"so, maybe you want someone to invite someone?" doyoung asked, and pulled out snacks that was in his bag. "maybe lucas?" sicheng and jaehyun asked.

"nah...." i said, and licked my lips. i really want lucas right now, but i am craving for something else. i want my best friend somi, because it's been a long time i haven't have a girls talk with her.

"i'll ask somi"

[okay this was a pretty long chapter, there are 922 words!]