49

hyejin

my heart ache a bit, i didn't knew how to react. because i didn't understood what he said. and i am afraid if i get the answer, the answer i was afraid of. the first thing i thought, when he said that.

"not here hyejin....." he said, and whispered softly. "let's head back to your home..." he suggested. he grabbed my hand, and we both started to make our way to my home. the walk home was filled with silence, which i didn't liked.

i opened my mouth, but closed it again. i didn't dare to talk, to speak a word.

when we reached my home, he quickly went in, and stood still. he watched me close the door, and when we made eye contact. he broke it quickly, i frowned and walked towards him. i lifted his chin, and breathed out.

"few weeks left...." i studied his face, with my head tilted. "what do you mean lucas?" i asked, my voice almost disappeared. my eyebrows furrowed, and i wasn't ready to hear his answer. i didn't want to, i just wanted to reverse time right now.

"hyejin...." he spoke lowly, expecting i wouldn't hear it. but i did. he stood still for some couple seconds, not answering my question.

"lucas, answer me now" i shook his arm, but he just remained silence. "because if you don't, i would go crazy!" i said, you could hear my voice, hear that i almost sobbed. i almost cried, and i knew i would.

"i am dying hyejin...i am sorry i haven't told you this before" he said, loud voice which gave me goosebumps. and yes, the answer, the answer i didn't wanted to hear from him.

"i'm dying in a few weeks....i-" his voice cracked.