48

hyejin

after the long conversation with them, i mean with yuta. we finally decided to go back home, yuta and i stood up as we headed outside the shop. i almost forgot lucas was with us, i turned around and saw him, his face hanging down while walking his way to us.

"lucas..." i said with a low tone, i grabbed his left hand, and walked to make him speed up more. "well, hyejin-ah i'll see you next time" yuta said, i looked at him and nodded my head. we both gave each other a big hug, and as nakamoto yuta. he would always kiss my head, when we say goodbyes.

"hey bro, it was really nice meeting you~" yuta bowed to lucas, and lucas did the same. yuta then looked back at me, and smiled. he turned around, and went the other way. i watched him disappear on my sight, and smiled. again.

"hey, um...." lucas spoke, his voice sound itchy and raspy. sounded like he was sad, angry or upset? "yeah?" i answered, and faced him.

when our eyes met, all he could do is smile uncontrollably. he cupped my face, and pinched my cheeks, making me blush. "what is it?" i chuckled. then his smile faded away. again.

"look, hyejin..." he paused. "i don't wanna sound like i only want you, that i only want you to hang out with me...." he bit his lower lip. "but that's exactly what i want...."

i furrowed my eyebrows. "what do you mean?"

"i know you and yuta are really close friends, since i heard your conversation back there. felt like a ghost tho" he muttered the last sentence, which made my heart ache. "but, can we please be only us? only the two of us, together..." he begged, grabbing my hands tightly, lifting them up to his mouth, and placed a slight kiss on my hand.

"w-what?" i stuttered. "why? i mean like, you don't like yuta?" i asked, my throat bobbed. the one i like, doesn't like my bestfriend. that is impossible, he should, he really should. because he needs to know yuta was always been there for me since.

"no hyejin, that's not what i meant...." he sighed, slowly letting go of my hands. "i just don't really want him with us right now...because it's so important for me to only have you around. and my friends" he said, with knitted eyebrows. he seemed like he really had a hard time explain, for what he actually wants to say.

"why?" i questioned him. "can't you be friends with yuta?" i said, my heart pumping widely. and my hands were in a tight fist. i didn't knew how i should react, maybe mad but at the same time sad? that's why my hands are on a fist?

"maybe bring someone i won't get jealous, when i see you both together...." he muttered, and looked away, his teeth gritted.

"what is actually happening here lucas?" i made him face me. by cupping his face, and direct it on my face.

then i let go of his face.

he cursed, yes he did. he cursed, the F word. he said the F word, with rough and deep voice. he repeated it so many times, and muttered the word. he lost eye contact with me, and sighed.

"hyejin...i only have few weeks left"