a blurred spell

Adrianna opened her front door, a warm smell of cinnamon and English tea filled her senses and slightly relaxed her. She walked to the end of the hall, towards the master bedroom where she now lived. It's strange to think that so much has changed in the last few months, she has changed so much. She was just going to help Allison and her friends solve their little problem then go back to her hideout, but now, their her friends too. And she had something going on with Isaac and she, despite all the chaos, doesn't want to leave it.

She knelt in front of the chest at the end of the bed, lifting the heavy lid up. Her eyes landed on the contents of this chest, her heart aching slightly, she couldn't believe all this stuff was still here. She carefully pulled a thick notebook out, the wood cover having a very dignified symbol carved into it.

She twisted her body so she could sit on the carpet and opened the book. Dust flew everywhere and littered the crinkled pages. She flicked through until her eyes spotted notes on Darachs and Druids, or Ancient Practices as is it also known by.

Her mind skimmed the lines, reading for how to do the spell and what she needs for it. She simply needs something of who she is connecting to and something of who has taken them.

She got to her knees and peered back into the chest. She pulled out a small jar that held a single brown butterfly, it was dead but looked quite alive. She grabbed a small wooden grinding bowl and rested them on the carpet.

She teleported to the animal clinic, to the back room where all the food is kept in large containers and bags. Her eyes peered through the small window, checking if the police officers had left.
One was guarding the door but that appeared to be it.

She quietly opened the door and raced out, closing it in the same manner. Her eyes scanned the room for anything useful. A white lab coat rested across one of the metal benches. She shrugged and snatched it before teleporting back to her bedroom. She tried to ignore the burning she felt, the burning that will continue as she used her powers more. She had to convince her mind and body that no one is going to get hurt, she isn't harming anyone.

Adrianna went to her beside table, picking up the lighter that rested next to a dimly lit candle. She resumed her position on the floor.

She ripped some of Deatons lab coat and put it in the bowl. She flicked the lighter on and lit the end of the fabric, watching with a neutral expression as the orange and yellow flames started to lick its way all over the fabric and consumed the space of the bowl.

She took the butterfly out from the jar, a shudder running across her back. She cautiously held the butterfly over the mini fire, letting the flames lick at the butterflies tender wings. Her eyes closed over. "Fructum antiquea deorum exercitia, priest in tenebris, sinite illlos qui imperium."

That familiar hum struck her brain, making her mind go fuzzy and her eyes burn. She could feel the flames consuming the butterfly and attempting to touch her. Her eyes flew open, sparking their soft purple glow. She could see images, they were blurry, as if she were looking through someone else watching the scene unfold. She could see a hazed figure tired up by the hands, his shoulder pushed and straining against the pain. It had to be Deaton. Nothing around him was familiar, it was all too blurry, foggy almost.

Her phone suddenly started ringing rather loudly. Adrianna jumped and dropped the butterfly into the pit of flames. Her temples flared up with an excruciating pain, causing a whimper to leave her lips as she gripped her head and fell to the side. So that's what happens when you don't finish a spell.

She blindly reached into her pocket for her phone, putting it to her ear whilst her eyes remained closed. She could feel a headache creeping up on her, just bloody great. "Yes?"

"Hey, Allison found something. She said to meet her at her apartment."

A sigh left her lips, "Okay." She bit the inside of her cheek, "How'd it go with Stiles?"

It was Scotts turn to sigh. "He didn't want to say anything but after a bit, he agreed. But when we went out to tell his dad, Ms Morrell was there. She's Deatons sister."

Her eyebrows raised, "Interesting. So you didn't end up telling the Sherriff?"

"No. Stiles promises he will but i know he is going to hold off for as long as he can."

Adrianna hummed in agreement, "Okay. Let's not pressure him. I'll be at Allisons in five." She hung up and let her arms flop to the ground. She didn't want to move. But she wanted to see Allison, and she wanted to know what she found. And she prayed it would be useful.

---

"So i was looking though one of his drawers and i found this." Allison stopped in the middle of her bedroom and held up a portable UV light.

Adrianna's eyebrows drew together, but before she could ask any questions to aid her confusion, the elevator dinged and echoed throughout the apartment.

Allisons eyes went wide, her head snapping to look down the hall. "He wasn't supposed to be back yet."

"What do we do? Where do we go?" Scott started to panic. It wouldn't be particularly good if Chris caught them with Allison, especially when she was supposed to be staying out of all their affairs.

Adrianna glanced between the front door and the others, "Hide."

.

.

.

.

( edited )