Chapter 2: Something Special Occur.

At 6:00am, Saturday.

Lai's POV

I woke up as always at 6:00am and did the same things like everyday. I checked my phone after having breakfast, there's a news about a splatfest theme has been already held. It was Rice vs Bread, also there's a news about the "Squid Sisters", Callie and Marie. It says they're gonna choose just one and only random inkling as a volunteer home with them so he/she can get know more about him/her favorite idols. "I guess their fans gonna be hyped as crazy after reading this." I thought. After finish reading the news, I wore my gears and my weapons on and got out from the apartment at 7:00am.

At 9:00am, In Squid Sisters studio.

"Wow, there's a lot of our fans are waiting there right now, this gonna be hard to choose." Callie sweatdropped while watching a long queue of Inklings writting their names in a piece of paper and put it into a box. "This won't be hard, Cal. Just choose randomly." Marie replies.

Back to Lai.

I was in the long queue with the other Inklings in Inkopolis Plaza. I started waiting from 8:00am and now 9:55pm so it almost 10:00pm which means the event will start closing, I was losing hopes that I won't be able to put my name into the box. But, I was surprised that I was the last one putting my name into the box before the event closed so mines could be on top of the pile I think, other Inklings that haven't put their names in it seems despair. "Welp, I kinda feel bad for them tho." I mumbled. After that, I also decided which teams I should choose for the Splatfest so I choose Team Rice and receive a splatfest tee, I scanned it with my phone and added it to my inventory, I'll start head to the lobby for battling as much as I can for my team.

At 10:30am in the studio.

Callie's POV

"Which team you'll choose, Marie?" I asked. Hm, let's see, you go first." Marie respond. "Guess I'll go with Team Rice!" I said with confident. "Well, Team Bread for me then." Marie smile.

During their conversation, their manager knocks the door, asking them for allowing him to enter.

Marie: Come in.

Manager: Okay, so this is a box from the event that Inklings had put their names in it. Feel free to check it out.

Callie: Okay thanks.

Manager: You guys welcome, girls.

Their manager bowed in front of them and start walk out from their studio politely.

Callie starts open the box that given by their manager, it was filled pile of papers with Inkling's name in it.

Callie: There are so many of them, which one should we choose? Maybe this one?

Marie suddenly noticed a piece of paper with the name "Lai" on it. She picked it up and show it to Callie.

Marie: Maybe this little cutie? *chuckled*

Callie: Wait, let me check the statistic of his. An A rank with level 32 blue Inkling boy, splatted 879 Inklings and only got splatted 27 times,his favorite weapon class is roller. His win rate was 89%, my cod Marie. *Shocked*

Marie: (So the rumours were really true.)

Callie: Wow, that was fast and nice pick, Marie. *smile*

Marie: Thanks, Cal. But we'll have to show it after the Splatfest, you're fine with it?

Callie: Of course it's totally a yes, I always wanted to meet an Inkling boy with same weapon class as mine! Maybe he'll teach me some of his skills!

Marie: Glad you fine with it. *smile*

At 12:00pm in Inkopolis Plaza.

There are so many Inklings hanging out in the Plaza right now during the splatfest. Its more than as usual Inklings would come everyday. It's fine for me tho, but I don't have the appetite for lunch. Guess I'll skip it and keep battling till early evening.

Before heading back to the lobby, I saw there's a news appear on a big screen, broadcasted by the Squid Sisters. "Hold on your tentacles, Its Inkopolis news time! Today, we're going to show some stages for the Splatfest." There's three images of the stages had shown in their screen one by one. It was Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse and Kelp Dome. After their conversation during broadcast. "So in the next time..." They make their signature pose and both of them says "Stay fresh~." to end the broadcast.

Lai: (Well, I must admit that Callie's lovely face sure lifts me up as always.)

But something's hopeless appeared in my mind, It's that I don't stand a chance for her, plus it might affect her career tho.

Lai: *Shook head* Back to the lobby!

At early evening, 7:00pm

Cod..., I'm so exhausted from the battle that I had fought. I was just walking out from the lobby and try to find a place to sit. "Man, If I was right then I'm sure that I had been battled exceed over 50+ matches in a day without taking a break and won 20+ of them I guess. I was hungry as well because I skipped my lunch, I regret that I shouldn't skip that tho. *sigh*

When walking to the nearby cafe for some dinner. I saw there's two large trucks as a supporting stages for Callie on the left and as for Marie on the right being held at the Plaza.Those two were dancing and they sings "City Of Color" on their own stages. The place seems more crowded with Inklings than usual. Then, I'll have a ramen soup as for my dinner once entering the cafe. After that, I'll be start watching the view because it is beautiful at night especially during the Splatfest. The Splatfest should be ended at 12:00am I guess.

At 10:00pm

Callie's POV

Our performance just ended now because most of the Inklings had left the Plaza. I was at the backstage and currently having a rest with Marie. "Phew... that was quite lively during our performance, the crowd went wild during our singing." I smiled. "That's normal for us tho." Marie reply. "Yea.." I respond before drinking the water. Suddenly, Marie walks and stand on the stage, she seems that she notice something or someone. "Mind if you can come up to the stage for a while." She smiled. "What's wrong, Marie?" I asked curiously. After going on the stage Marie had told me. She's pointing at a blue Inkling boy sitting on a bench, listening some musics with his studio headphones on and surfing splatnet with his phone. "See, that's the one we're talking about in the studio, isn't he cute? A slightly pink blush shown on my face when I first seeing him. "Wait, is that really him!?" Still blushing. "Well yea, it seems that you had already fall for him in the first sight." She teased. "Ehh!? Uhm..... Maybe a little bit, I guess." I respond, scratching my head. Then, she giggles and I'm still blushing with a shade of pink are showing on my cheek.

Lai's POV

I checked my time and it was already 10:00pm. Before I standing up and walk out from Inkopolis Plaza. I feel someone was watching me from the stages, it was the "Squid Sisters", Callie and Marie, just having a chit chat on the stage. "Maybe just my imagination was trying to trick me." As I soon got back to my apartment, after I put my things in my bedroom, brush my teeth, taking a shower and got changed to my pyjamas, start sleeping in my bed for tomorrow.

End of Chapter.

Bonus,

Callie: I guess he didn't notice us when we're watching him, right?

Marie: Yea totally, we're quite far from him.

Marie: And I know that you like him, aren't you,Cal? *smile*

Callie: Please Marie, don't make me blush again, it's embarassing!

Marie: Hehe~