Chapter 17: A Lazy Afternoon.

(Note: There's a soundtrack that dedicated for this Chapter too, so hope you enjoy this as well.)

At 12:30pm

I kept my phone back into my pocket and walked up to Cafe Cardamari for some lunch. Talk about Cafe Cardamari, I guess Vadelma and Kirsikka are still working there instead of battling. I went inside... (Lai's Ps: These all Characters were belonged to Tamarinfrog aka Ms Jenna, make sure to check out her tumblr and her deviantart.)

Vadelma: Welcome, Lai.

Kirsikka: Oh It's you, Lai!

Lai: Hi, one piece of crabby cake. Please.

Kirsikka: Okay, coming right up!

Then, Kirsikka went to prepare and Vadelma walks up and sit in front of me. Seems she got something to say...

Vadelma: How are you been lately?

Lai: I'm doing fine, as always. Aren't you going out with your team today?

Vadelma: Oh, today my team are having a day off due to many victories yesterday.

Lai: Sounds it's a good news, huh?

Vadelma: Yea it is, what about you?

Lai: Nothing much I think, sorry.

Vadelma: Why not join a team tryouts instead of battling by yourself?

Lai: I don't know... Trust issues? Avoiding argument? Or because that event tho?

Vadelma: Oh, I understand your situation. I still remember that event tho, everyone was jealous of you.

Lai: Luckily that I don't have a team. So I didn't trouble the Squid Sisters at all.

Kirsikka: Here's your crabby cake!

Lai: Thanks, here's the payment.

Kirsikka: Please enjoy yourself!

I took a bite of crabby cake. I look up at her and noticed her worried look...

Lai: Still worrying about that in two years ago?

Vadelma: *nod*

Lai: *sigh* Trust me, not only you. We all got terrified at that time.

Vadelma: Yeah, at least you saved someone's life during that incident tho...

Lai: Yeah, it was a close call..

Vadelma: And now I'm just worried about everyone's safety. Especially our team captain, Marian.

Lai: Oh yeah, what about the Team Vitamin Ink and Team Petal Splash? Are they doing well?

Vadelma: Yeah gladly, they're doing fine as well. They started to get along with each other and our team, but you haven't met them once...

Lai: Sorry, I'm.... I mean I might a bit busy lately.

Vadelma: Is that so?

Lai: Yeah! Anyway, after that incident. Did Marian had replaced her with someone else?

Vadelma: Oh, and his name is Whinter.

Lai: Whinter? So it's him..

Vadelma: You knew him already?

Lai: Yeah, I met him in Club Nintendo at the Tenta Square. And he's a big fan of the Squid Sisters.

Vadelma: Hehe, so how did you met him?

Lai: Uhm... it's complicated a bit. But I'll explain it...

I explained to her about yesterday, about helping a fan for the merchandise...