Chapter 29: Let's head home...

Marie's POV

It exploded.. Octavio was falling but he got landed on the Great Zapfish. We all took a sigh of relief. Callie pokes him, checking if he's still alive..

Callie: Is he alright?

Marie: Yes, he's fainted. We need to arrest him before he wakes up.

Then, gramps had walked up to us. Giving the three of us a loving hug.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Oh my sweet children, I've seen you guys had grown a lot now!

Marie: Well, thanks to him and Cal. So we managed to get him.

Lai: Hey, you're in part of it too.

Callie: Everyone, look!

She points at the Great Zapfish that it currently flies towards us. Then, it stops in front of us..

Callie: What's it gonna do?

Lai: Maybe it wants to give us a ride back to Inkopolis as in return.

Marie: Oh well, that's our ticket home then.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Let's go, Agents!

All: Right!

Timeskip...

Lai's POV

After a fierce battle with the final boss, Dj Octavio. We all finally can rest right now and the five of us are currently riding on our way home with the Great Zapfish flying through the beautiful night sky. Callie was sitting next to me, gazing at the stars while Marie was chatting with Cap'n and Dj Octavio was still unconscious and he got imprisoned in a large snow globe as well... I look up at Callie and talk to her..

Lai: Hey Callie?

Callie: Yes?

Then, I look away and apologize to her...

Lai: I'm sorry..

Callie: Ehh! For what?!

Lai: I know we're team but, I still battling alone without you. So pathetic I am...

Callie: Lai...

Lai: I just worried about your safety tho. But because of that, I didn't let you come with me like we promised..

Callie: It's okay, I couldn't leave gramps alone by himself tho.

Lai: But still...

She wraps my arm and says with a grin appears on her face...

Callie: Don't blame yourself, Lai. I know you're protecting me. Just like when we're in Blackbelly Skatepark.

Lai: But you don't like being overprotected, do you?

Callie: Of course I don't! But still better than unprotected tho.

Lai: *sigh* You got a point there..

She smiles and teases me a bit..

Callie: Aww... C'mon, where's the Lai I know? The one who always dotes me a lot almost everyday. *smile*

I smile by her tease and chuckle... Then, I reply to her...

Lai: Heh.. Right in front the girl I loved..

Then, she blushes and hides it as she notices...

Callie: Hehe~ Sweet as always.

I smile...

Lai: So you're not mad at me now.

Callie: Nah, I'm just pouting tho but I'm okay right now. So don't you worry!