Chapter 32: Friends......

At 6:00pm, Port Mackerel.

Callie and Marie were sitting on top of the containers. Breathtaking and sightseeing through the views. Then, Lai had arrived and brought with some Sea salt Ice cream.

Marie: What took you so long?

Lai: Sorry, the queue was long. Took like almost an hour for my turn.

Callie: C'mon, what are you waiting for? Come join with us!

Lai: *chuckle* Well, I was about to..

He joins with his teammates, sitting beside Callie and Marie was beside her too. They grabbed a stick of ice cream each for them. Then, Marie took a small bite of it. Her eyes widened as a surprise.

Callie: How is it?

Marie: It's salty at the first, but super sweet in the end. Kinda like it tho. And it does perfectly match the breeze.

Callie: Glad to hear! Hope you'll get used to it!

Lai: Now let's just enjoy the sunset.

Callie: Agreed!

Callie's POV

We all sat here, chatting happily while having our ice creams. As Marie and Lai were sitting next to me, I felt blessed. They always treated me so nice that I don't feel lonely with them at all. Lai was right, I wish I could stay like this forever. Then, Lai suddenly tries to raise the topic about that technique in Flounder Heights.

Lai: Hey.. Callie.. You still remember that technique?

Callie: Yea, why?

Lai: Aren't you hurt when I stepped onto you?

Callie: Nope! I was protected by a thick layer of ink during the Kraken form. So that's why none of any weapons could deal damage to them.

Lai: Makes sense tho.

Marie: So how you figured it out, anyway?

Lai: Well...

In the flashback... Before going to Flounder Heights stage..

Lai: Hey..

Callie: Hm?

Lai: Actually, I've just got an idea. That's why I gave you the Jet Squelcher.

Callie: What is it?

Lai: You see, Krakens are used for escaping, avoid being splatted and especially is breaching through the defense.

Callie: Yea..

Lai: What if someone is standing on top of it and become the "Cannon". You know, it'll make a lots of coverage and it'll be much easier to splat the enemies.

Callie: But, does it requires two person as well?

Lai: Yes, it's same as the Charge-and-Roll. So I need you in order to make it success and think you can make it happen?

Callie: Hm... Sounds pretty fun! Sure, I'd like to!

Lai: Thanks.. I knew you would, Callie.

Flashback ends..

Marie: No wonder...

Lai: Pretty cool, right?

Marie: I think it is.. Haven't you got a name for it?

Lai: I don't know, I haven't think about it. What would it be?

Callie: Cann-on-Krak?

Lai: Are you sure?