Chapter 13: Octoling strikes!

At the Kelp Dome.

I got spawned and look around, this place looks familiar. Isn't that...

Lai: Kelp Dome? Whoa..

I never thought they could completely copy the whole stage except the weather. I saw there's a trail of power eggs.

Lai: I guess that'll lead me to the zapfish...

I jump out from the platform and land onto the ground, start following the power eggs while collecting it. I heard a landing sound coming from the central stage. I slowly proceeding...

Lai: !? (What's that?)

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Watch out! We got company here!

Lai: Huh?

There's a landing marker on the top of the ramp in front of me. Someone using super jump and yea. It was an Octoling, pointing at me with her Octo shot.

Octoling 1: Hey you! You're that Inkling who stoles our zapfishes!

Lai: So you're gonna stand in my way or what!?

Octoling 1: Ha! Once I splat you, the boss will be delightful and I'll get rewarded! So prepare yourself!

Lai: Huh? What reward?

Octoling 1: Oh, look at that poster, dummy.

I look at the left and saw a poster with a picture of mine. It says "Splat or Alive!?" And there's a "30000 cash" as reward. I got dumbfounded.

Lai: Uhm...... Really?

I look back and notice that she's gone...

Lai: !?

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Don't get fooled, keep going!

Lai: Oh sorry...

Then, she threw a Splat bomb at me, I dodge aside and look around. I secretly grabbed a Splat bomb and dropped it and there she is, pointing at me right now.

Octoling 1: Game over, sugar...

Lai: Uhm... can you look down for a while?

Octoling 1: ?!

A Splat bomb tickling...

Octoling 1: Oh ca-!

*Splatboom*

Lai: Phew... that was easy.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Octolings are very similiar to Inklings, they can change between octopus and humanoid form.

Lai: So they can swim in their ink as well?

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Yes.

I picked up the Octo shot replica, changing the ink color to my own one and ready to go. Dual wielding with the Hero and Octo.

Lai: Sweet, this should help.

As I continue following the trail. There are some Octolings super jump in front of me. Trying to stop me... I ignore the power eggs and dash forward to splat them down first.

Octolings: Inkling! Shoot him down!

I took a cover as they start shooting. An Octoling just throw a Splat bomb beside me. I kick it back to them and it explodes. It gave me a chance as they took cover from the explosion. I create an Ink lane, swim along it. I splat her as I saw an Octoling on the right. I throw a Splat bomb to the front and swim to another direction. Then, another Octoling got splatted by me. There's an armor at the central. I grabbed it and back to the trail. Finding the sunken scroll first...

After obtaining the scroll and splatted some Octolings that standing in my way. I almost got lost in this stage because it's like a maze. I found the trail and keep following it.

Some minutes later, I almost reach the zapfish. I power up the ink rail that lead me to the platform where the zapfish is.

Cap'n Cuttlefish: There she is, now grab it and let's go. Agent 1 and 2 are waiting for you.

Lai: Oh okay, can't wait to see them.

I got to the platform and start breaking the shield. In the middle of breaking, a Splat bomb was tickling beside me. I dodge aside, falling off from the platform. Both of my weapons were dropped on the platform where I fell off from.

Lai: Gah!

An Octoling super jump on me and step on my chest.

Lai: Ahhh!!

Elite Octoling: Really? That old coot sent a kid into a war and against the Octarian army? But, I'm a bit impressed that you managed to get this far.

Elite Octoling: This is where your mission ends, Squid boy. We'll take all the Zapfishes from Inkopolis. With their power, we'll have our revenge and it'll be glorious!

Elite Octoling: But you won't be there to see the Inkopolis fall so...

*Kra-Ching*

Elite Octoling: Sweet dreams, boy...

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Agent 3! Are you okay!? Agent 3!?

I grabbed her Octo shot tight.. start cracking up and raging myself up..

Lai: Don't you dare...

Elite Octoling: !?

Lai: UNDERESTIMATE ME!!

I cracked the barrel of the Octo shot. She falls back and I swiftly dash toward her. Landing a fatal blow to her face, breaking her mask and sending her crash to the wall and fall onto the ground. I super jump and land a lethal kick to her stomach, causing her to scream. As I depleted her stamina. I grabbed her and start threatening her...

Lai: Tell your boss, I'll gonna splat whoever harms the Zapfishes or the Inkopolis. Especially my family!!

Cap'n Cuttlefish: Agent 3, that's enough! Focus on your mission!

Lai: ...Sorry, but give me a sec.

I threw her back to the ground and dropped a Splat bomb beside her.

Lai: Now! Fall into an endless sleep without dreams!

*Tick Tick Tick* *Splatboom*

I ride onto the Ink rail and back to the platform. I picked up my Hero shot. Thank cod the Zapfish was still there, safe and sound.

Lai: *pant* Mission accomplished...

I super jump back to the kettle and enter back to Octo Valley...

End Of Chapter.

Bonus,

Lai: Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Octotrooper: Nani!?

*beeeep* *Splat*