Chapter 50: A dream from the past.

Somewhere at the beachside...

I yawned as I slowly open my eyes. Noticing the blue sky and the bright of the blazing sunlight that causing me to wake up. I already knew that I'm having a dream because I was actually wearing the Zekko Hoodie, Studio Headphones and a pair of Blue Power Stripes which is I always wear when I lived in the previous Apartment one alone at the start instead of just pyjamas. And I found myself was sleeping at the beachside with beautiful pure white sand that could almost reflect the sunlight back to the sky and the dazzling light blue ocean is making the soft splashing sounds that could soothes my ear every time the small waves flush up to the shore. I recognized it immediately but I'm not too sure so I question myself.

Lai: Am I in Calamari Region? Better check out through the woods..

I stand and look around, then decided to explore around a bit by heading towards the bamboo forest and fortunate is, it's not too deep for me to go through.

Timeskip... (Time's unknown since it's a dream.)

After walking out from the forest and reach the blue sky plains. I can see some villages far away from here, including mine too. And there are not too many trees around here either. Then, as I was about to head over to the village where I used to live in since I was small, I heard some children was playing nearby and it got my curiosity. I noticed there are two diamond-shaped looking kites was flying around the sky with two familiar colors that I always recognize with, it was Pink and Green. For some reasons, I just sprint as fast as I can towards the direction where the kites are flying instead of the village, probably wanna meet up with them so bad. I stopped till I got a view of them from a far. But my eyes were widened by surprised as I noticed that they're actually in younger version like in 14 years old kids and both of them were just wearing their usual dresses on, of course with their own colors as well. I murmur out their names under my breath.

Lai: Callie... Marie...

The moment when I get to see them with my own eyes.. I kept smiling.. Seeing them are playing together while running around with their kites flying on the sky makes me happy. And I just standing there.. Watching them while the wind breezes through my cheek like it was a soft kiss and admiring them that they had such a wonderful childhood like that. Probably much better than I had with Meggy in the Kindergarten and thinking about that. I had never seen her in Inkopolis since the start. Maybe she's still in Calamari I supposed, or maybe not. But that's not the point now. I snapped out from my thought as soon as I heard a sound from them.

Callie: Ahh! My kite got stucked on the tree!

Marie: Let's go get help from Gramps! Maybe he can snipe it down with his Bamboozler.

Callie: No! It'll leave a hole if we do that!

I call out to them as I rush up..

Lai: Hey! You girls need a help?

But they seem didn't hear that.. I stopped in front of them..

Marie: What choice do we have, Cal? We can't make another one since this is the last color we have.

Callie: There must be another way! Maybe we can throw it out with something else.

Marie: But it's too high for us to do that. And let's just find Gramps instead.

Callie: Aww...

I stepped aside as they walked away from the tree. I call out to them again but no response. Then, as I reach my hand to grab Callie's.

Lai: !?

My hand just went passes through hers completely and I didn't even feel the touch of her either. Then, I try on Marie but the same goes to her too. I went a bit disappointed but as I looked at the tree. I grabbed a rock immediately and ready to throw out to the kite to knock it out from the tree. This is the least I can do for them since I still can grab something else.