Chapter 5: The missing of the Great Zapfish.

At 7:00am, Wednesday.

Lai's POV

It's been a few days since I start living with the Squid Sisters and yeah, I'm already got used to it except my room. It's so hot in there because there's no window here so that's why I never get a good sleep. I got up from my bedroom and heard Callie was greeting at me then I reply her back. She seems more energetic than usual since I had moved in their apartment.

Lai: Having a nice sleep last night?

Callie: Yea! *smile*

Lai: Glad to hear that.

Callie: What about you?

Lai: Oh, same as you I guess... gotta rest for a while in the living room.

Callie: Okay! I'll go wake Marie up.

I checked up my phone for the latest news in Splatnet. There's another new Splatfest theme coming out but it haven't got announced yet. "Well, back to turf war now." I mumbled. I saw Marie got out from her room before Callie.

Lai: Morning, Marie.

Marie: Morning too, Lai.

During breakfast...

Lai: So when do you usually start to work?

Callie: Hm... 8:00am I guess, right Marie?

Marie: Yea it is.. but we'll get ourselves prepared in our studio so we'll be all going out now after this.

Lai: Okay then..

After having our breakfast and got myself prepared, I have to escort them to their studio everyday so I can be rest assured about them. During our way to their studio, I take a look around the Plaza. Just a very few of Inklings were just starting their business every morning as usual so still the same, then we had arrived at their studio.

Lai: I'll be going now so take care you two.

Callie: Take care as well, Lai!

Marie: Thanks for escorting us here.

Lai: You're welcome Marie. Well, See you guys later.

Callie: Alright!

I start leaving from their studio and heading to Inkopolis tower.

Callie's POV

Marie and I were entering the studio. I felt a bit depressed whenever Lai start leaving from us after escorting us to our studio. Feels like I wanna talk to him and stay with him even more but I don't have the courage to ask, I let out a small sigh. At least that he's living with us right now so it should be enough for me.

Marie: Uhm.. something's wrong, Cal?

Callie: Nothing. *smile*

At 9:00am

I was sitting on a bench near the entrance of the Plaza. At this time, lot of Inklings had already arrived here, waiting the lobby to be opened so they can freshen up their level. But then, all the speakers had activated by the administrator of the lobby and all of the game modes. Informing all of us that we only have 5 times limit of battles each day due to low electricity and it'll affect the spawn point so it could be dangerous. Most of the Inklings were terrified and some of them just walk away back home from the Plaza. They turn off the speakers after informing all of us, I quickly start texting to Callie and Marie in our private chatroom.

In the chatroom...

Lai: Uhm... did you guys hear that?

Marie: Yeah, we can hear that from the Plaza.