Chapter 35: Poisonous Past.

At 1:00pm, Thursday.

In Cafe Cardamari.. With Lai and the three other captains. Jonquil, Marian and Clementine. Currently having their serious conversation now.

Lai: So she's back, huh? With a team named "Team Toxink"?

Jonquil: Yeah.. They're haunting us right now..

Lai: *shrugs* Well, I don't know. I haven't heard about it.

Jonquil: Ahem... Okay so you're telling me. That the only reason Belladonna is putting a team together and entering the turf league, is to make sure none of us wins?

Marian: *nod* Maybe...

Clementine: What a salty roe.. She can really hold a grudge for you kicking her out from your team, Marian.

Marian: But you do agree with my decision. About what she did was unacceptable.

Lai: Maybe, she almost splats Clem. And it terrified everyone. Especially us..

Clementine: Yeah yeah, and I could still feel the punches tho..

Jonquil: Just facing her in a 3 v 4 was tough. Same as Lai's team..

Lai: Wait? You battled against her?

Jonquil: Yea, but we won with the double inkstrikes from Cosmo and Sorrel.

Lai: Damn...

Jonquil: But her team is still incomplete yet and I bet that she's gonna make sure their newest recruit is as ruthless as her friends. And that means you, Lai. You're still haven't got recruited yet.. They might try to battle you and force you to join their team.

He shocked...

Lai: Me? Why me? I mean, they're after the S rank battlers. Not an A rank like me..

Jonquil: But your popularity might let them noticed you..

Lai: But I already got my own team, right?

Marian: You don't have a team right now, you know they're busy.

Lai: *sigh and depressed in the corner* It's true that I really can't escape the hands of my fact without them. ;-;

Vadelma: *giggle*

Clementine: *Sweatdropped* Uhm... Are you okay?

Jonquil: Nah, he's fine. He just can't accept it.

Marian: At least he lifts the mood right now.

Clementine: Heh.. Agreed.

Timeskip...

After the captains are done their discussion, they exit out from the Cafe and they're about to take their leave.

Clementine: Alright, see you later!

Lai: Bye!

Marian: Bye!

Lai's POV

After they took their leave, I received a message, it was from Callie.. Then, I start texting back to her while walking around the Plaza..

Callie: Hey, how's your doing?

Lai: Pretty well.. I guess..

Callie: Huh? What's wrong?

Lai: Just spoke with the captains... And we know that our "poisonous past" are probably haunting us down right now. Especially me...

Callie: That's scary.. Wait! Why you?

Lai: I still left not been recruited yet despite of having a team with the Squid Sisters, and now I missed you two..

Callie: Oh.. xD