Chapter 3: Meeting up with the Squid Sisters.

At 6:00am, Thursday.

Callie's POV

I got up from my bed early and check my phone, it was earlier than usual but I felt that I'm actually had a nice sleep and I don't know how, "Maybe that boy from the last night?" I walked out from my bedroom, brushing my teeth and got dressed after taking a shower. I had a Japanese green tea and just two slices of bread as my breakfast, I also had prepared breakfast for Marie as well. After that, I sit on the couch, start to think and question myself about that boy from last night. "Is just coincidence or Marie's actually planning something else?" I thought to myself. Then, my mind got interrupted as Marie just got down from upstairs. "Morning, Cal." She said. "Oh, Good morning too, Marie!" I responded happily. "A penny in your thoughts?" Said Marie while having her breakfast. "Nothing, just resting tho." I responded. "The Splatfest has been ended tho, so I wonder which team had won?" I asked. "Well, we'll know once we get our answers in the studio." She replied. "And the Inkling that we had chose, you sure about this?" I asked curiously. "I don't know yet, because we haven't meet him face to face even once." She replied my question. "Ah okay.." I smiled because I can't wait to see the splatfest results and yea, him!

At 8:00am

Lai's POV

The splatfest has already ended but the event, "I wonder who'll be the lucky squid to meet those two idols." I thought. Well, maybe the news will give the answer. I got out from the apartment, intending to wander around in Inkopolis for a while then wait for the Splatfest results in the Plaza.

At 12:00pm

In the plaza, I saw other Inklings were hanging out as usual or waiting for the Splatfest results and the event. I was in the cafe, having my green tea now. The news were broadcasting just in time. "Hold on to your tentacles, it's Inkopolis news time." They always start with this line before announcing the news. So, the Splatfest results is...

Team Rice vs Team Bread

Popularity: 58% - 42%
Wins: 55% - 45%
Score: 168 - 132

It was 3 - 0 which means its a total win for the Team rice. "Cod, what a nice result for the first splatfest." I saw Callie smiles with pure joy when her team won the splatfest from the screen and Marie seems a little bit depressed but no hard feelings for her loss because there's always a splatfest for her to win. "About the event, we had chose the Inkling as a volunteer home with us." Said Marie. "And the name is......" They about to reveal. But I had never expected this in my life. It was me. "Lai!" They said my name loud.

I was so surprised that my eyes widened after they said my name. "Meet us in the studio, little cutie!" Said Callie. I got blushed by her words. I paid the bill and walk out from the cafe immediately. "Is lady luck smiling on me or the fate has been destined?" I thought to myself while heading toward the studio what they had told me to. When I had arrived to the studio door, I took a deep breath for not been nervous, then, I knocked the door for informing them that I had arrived.

Marie: Oh, there he comes.

Callie: Come in!

Lai: Okay!

*Open the door*

Marie: So you must be Lai, huh?

Lai: *nod* Yea..

Callie: Nice to meet you, Lai! *smile*

Lai: Thanks Callie, and it's nice to meet you girls. *smile back*