Chapter 45: An invitation.

Friday, 9:00pm...

We're currently at the International Airport in Inkopolis right now. Marie was sitting at the seat not too far from us. Callie and I were waiting at the counter to receive our flight tickets.

Staff: Alright, done checking in! Please wait until the plane ready to flight!

Callie: Thanks!

Lai: Let's go.

She grabs the Airport tickets and we walked back to where Marie is..

Marie: Oh, you guys done already?

Callie: Yeah, now we'll have to wait for the flight to be ready!

Marie: *yawn* How much time till we get there?

Lai: Probably about 10 hours.

Marie: Ugh... It's gonna be a boring flight without the internet.

Callie: Don't worry! I just have the right cure for it!

Marie and Lai: ?

She took out our Nintendo Switches from our luggages and she shows the games she had downloaded before we all heading to the Airport.

Callie: You see! I had downloaded each different games in our Switches! It also included a local multiplayer one for the three of us!

Lai: Wow.. I didn't expect that you actually did that for us. Even though we had said something rude to you.

Callie: Nah, don't mention that! Let's "Switch" these new games up once we're all on board!

I chuckled a bit by the puns she just made.. Marie asks..

Marie: Now I wonder, why are we here actually?

Lai: Eh? You forgot already?

Marie: Need a reminder..

Lai: Well, it was...

A week ago, 7:00am at Squid Sisters Apartment..

*Ding dong!*

I opened the door..

Lai: Hm?

I looked around, noticing that there's a letter placed in front of the door. I pick it up and examine it a little bit. Then, I looked around again before closing the door.

Lai: I wonder who sent that...

I sat on the couch as I open the letter to read it.. My eyes grew up in surprised.

Lai: Oh? An invitation?

Timeskip...

Callie: Eh!? It's from Mario!? The famous plumber in Mushroom Kingdom!?

Lai: Yeah, it seems like he's inviting us for the Mario kart tournament as the racers.

Marie: But isn't that too sudden for us?

Lai: Yeah it is but it says the developers had well-arranged the time for us to participate the tournanent so no need to worry for that at all. And they already booked three airport tickets for us to get there.

Marie: So all three of us got selected as the racers, huh?

Callie: Yeah! Sounds exciting, don't you think?

Marie and Lai: Uhm...

Marie and I start staring at her and she got confused.

Callie: Wh- Why are you guys looking at me? *sweatdropped*

Marie: You still didn't get your driving license yet, Cal.

Callie: But come on, Marie! It doesn't mean I can't drive without one!