Chapter 23: Against the Fourth, Octomaw!

At 11:00am, at the Sector 4 area...

I was just completed the 19th kettle in Sector 4, currently waiting for the other Agents so we can meet up back at the shack. I look up and see Agent 1 waves at me while calling out my codename. Agent 3 tho... She runs up to me...

Agent 1: Agent 3!

Lai: Oh hey! Took you awhile tho..

Agent 1: Yea sorry, kinda a bit tough with the Octostriker.

Lai: But still you came at last, as well as I did.. *smile*

Agent 1: *chuckle* Yeah.

We both smiled as we finally got reunion from our missions...

Lai: C'mon, we should be start cleaning up the shack and wait for Agent 2!

She grabs my hand and I stop...

Lai: Huh? What's wrong?

She takes off her shades, revealing her beautiful golden eyes and her 'ninja star' pupils. Then, she looks away and asks shyly. A shade of pink had shown on my face...

Agent 1: Are you feeling well right now?

Lai: Huh? Of course I am!

Agent 1: Really?

I gently patted her head...

Lai: Yeah, I still remember what you said to me last time...

She smiled after hearing...

Agent 1: Hehe, glad to hear that from you~

We both went quiet for a while until I start asking to break the silent...

Lai: So... Anything else?

Agent 1: Maybe... So it's just the two of us, right?

I look around here for a while, no sign of Agent 2 and the boss kettle still haven't unlocked yet. That means...

Lai: *nod* Yea, I guess Agent 2 still haven't finish her mission tho..

Agent 1: You know what I want right now~

I blushed and asked shyly...

Lai: Are you sure? *slightly blush*

Agent 1: Yea, now's our chance tho..

Lai: Uhh.. Okay then...

It was a perfect moment for us.. I gently gripped her chin and slowly pulled into a kiss, our heart were skipped a beat. When we almost got to kiss, we closes our eyes to enjoy this moment, but we got interrupted by a familiar voice. We open up our eyes and saw Agent 2 was standing there.. She asks with a smirk.

Agent 2: Ahem.. Having fun you two?

Agent 1: Agent 2!? When did you-?!

Agent 2: I was heading back to the shack and then I noticed you two as I walk by..

Agent 1: Geez, now you ruined the moment!

Agent 2: Okay okay, I'll be going back first. Enjoy you two...

Then, Agent 2 had went back to the shack... I sigh and mutter with disappointment...

Lai: Ugh... We almost had it..

Agent 1: Maybe another time tho..

Lai: *sigh* I'm fine with it anyway.

Agent 1: It's alright, we still can do this after saving Cap'n and the Great Zapfish! So cheer up, Lai!