Reason 24

I was so happy I had gotten the job and also happy I could start right away. I really needed to feel I was doing something, something else than wanting to runaway from my life.

I walked town to the local coffee shop feeling nervous but also excited about this new day.

I walked in looking around. It was neatly decorated with dark wooden tables with matching chairs. The walls were in dark but painted with colorful colors. As soon as you stepped inside you couldn't help but notice all the sandwiches and cakes on display by the cashier.

"You must be the new girl" a voice said I turned to my right where the voice came from. I was meet with a tall black haired guy with a wide smile.

"Yes, that's me" I responded smiling back at the guy.

"I'm Hoseok" the guy introduced himself.

"I'm Carmen" I responded.

"Are you nervous?" Hoseok questioned me. I wanted to pretend like I was super confident and ready for whatever today, but I wasn't. I wanted to maybe get a new friend around here, so I didn't want to start a friendship off with a lie.

"I'm actually very nervous" I confessed with a nervous laugh.

"Don't worry. I'm going to teach you all you need to know. I'm a very good teacher" Hoseok said with a wink before walking towards the cashier. I followed him. It felt weird being the one behind the food and beside the coffee that was going to be made. I had never worked at a coffee shop before.

"I placed all the information about the coffees here for you, so you know all about them if someone asks" Hoseok explained pointing to the white paper by the coffee machines.

"Have you worked with one of these before?" He asked pointing to one of the cash registers. I had actually. I used to work at a clothing store.

"Yes" I responded proudly.

"Great. I will show you how to make all the different things one the menu as we go through the day" Hoseok smiled at me.

"Just pretend you've done this for years, the customers won't suspect a thing" Hoseok joked and I let out a laugh.

The coffee shop opened at nine which meant that people soon would be coming to get their breakfast sandwiches and morning coffees.

"How long have you worked here?" I asked Hoseok who cleaned the table closest to the cashier.

"For years, since I was sixteen" Hoseok told.

"I used to know the owner, he used to be a family friend" Hoseok explained further. I nodded.

"Why did you want to work at a small cafe like this?" Hoseok asked.

"Well I wanted a job, but I didn't want to work at just any place, I wanted something that was close to where I live but also nice and cozy so working would feel good, you know?" I tried explaining my confusing thoughts.

"I get it. I think this place will be perfect for you then" Hoseok responded with a bright smile.

People started coming into the cafe. I served people food for the most part but as the day went I started making the different coffee and other drinks for people. It actually went very well. It felt good to be able to do something right for once. Hoseok was also a very fun and positive guy to work with. So far I had been very lucky with new my friends around here. Until now I had only found guy friends but I guess I always got along with guys better than girls anyways.

The time flew by as we both worked hard all day. The time was five when I looked at the clock again. I pulled by phone out of my pocket to see if I had gotten any notifications on when Jimin was coming home. There was a message from him.

From Jimin:
I'm coming to the coffee shop around five. I'll walk you home ;)

I smiled at the text. He would be here any second and I was happy he had me in his thoughts even when he was busy with his work.

"Is it ok for me to go home at five?" I asked Hoseok who was making something for our last customer.

"Yes of course, your shift is over for today" he reassured me.

"Alright Good cuz my boyfriend is coming to get me in any second" I laughed happy Jimin didn't have to wait for me to be finished with work.

"You got a boyfriend?" Hoseok asked in a strange tone. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.

"Yes?" I asked confused.

"Carmen sorry I'm a little late, this place was hard to find" Jimins voice echoed trough the coffee shop. I was still looking at Hoseok who quickly moved his glance away from mine when Jimin stumbled inside.

"It's ok, I was just finishing up now" I explained turning to Jimin with a smile.

"Great, ready to go?" Jimin asked with a soft smile on his face.

"Yes" I breathed walking over to the cashier to grab my jacket that laid underneath it.

"Oh, Carmen" Hoseok stopped me when I was on my way back to Jimin.

"I needed you to come in tomorrow at ten and work until six" Hoseok informed. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Ok sure" I responded.

"But we won't be able to eat breakfast together and I won't be able to walk you home" Jimin pouted as I turned back to him. 

"Sorry man but I need Carmen here" Hoseok said behind me. I already knew he needed to stop talking but also knew that he wasn't finished with his sentence.

"I need her here, with me you know" Hoseok continued. What the hell did that mean. I looked up at Jimin who clenched his jaw. I could tell he was pissed off.

"Jimin don't" I tried but Jimin was quick to move passed me towards Hoseok. This is not ending well.

A/N
Introducing another one of the boys to the story 😏 (remember to vote!)