Reason 32

We made it to the event after a short car ride. It was a big building it looked like a fancy bank or a theater. That building style where you know important things go on in side. People were walking up the stairs in suits and dresses towards the entrance of the event. I felt a bit odd being here but Jimin reminded me as we walked up the stairs that I was beautiful and that he's going to be with me all night. I still felt nervous scared I was going to say something stupid under pressure but I tried calming myself down hoping people wouldn't notice me that much.

Many people, mostly men greeted Jimin as we walked into the building. I walked beside him with an awkward smile looking at all the wealthy men and beautiful women on their arm. Some ask if we wanted Champagne but Jimin declined nicely to the offer. We continued to the big ballroom where a sea of people stood chatting.

"Just follow my lead" Jimin said with a reassuring smile as we started to walk into this mess of people.

A lot of people yelled out for Jimin. He only glanced at them with a smile continuing to walk into the sea of people. He was obviously looking for someone specific. We stopped behind a tall fella with black hair in a suit like everyone else here.

"I knew I would we see you here tonight" Jimin said faking an excited voice. The fella turned and I was met with the same face I saw in the elevator just hours before.

"Like you didn't know Jimin" he commented back before taking a sip of his champagne.

"This is my fiancé Carmen" Jimin explained pushing me forward a little to greet the man.

"Nice to meet you Carmen, I'm Jin" the guy said with a faint smile that was both mesmerizing and made my legs go weak.

"Nice to me you too Jin" I was able to let out in a low voice. I shook his hand with a shaky hand and nervous hand.

"I want you to meet someone Jimin" Jin explained Turing to someone in the room and waving to someone to come over. I looked up at Jimin who looked excitingly towards whoever was coming our way.

"You guy need to try the champagne here, it's so good" a voice and later a guy came stumbling into the little circle we had made for our conversation.

A younger little shorter but obviously muscular guy with black hair stopped I front of us. He went from excited about the champagne to look me up and down in just a few seconds.

"Jimin this is Jungkook" Jin introduced us making the guy move his attention towards Jimin who was holding out his hand for the Jungkook guy to shake and he gladly did.

"We've been business partners for a long time and I think if you get a good conversation, just the two of you, he could do great things for your fathers company" I heard Jin explain but I couldn't avoid the feeling of Jungkooks eyes on me the whole time. I glanced at him for a split second and he winked at me with a smirk. I blushed slight feeling stupid since I stood here with my future husband in just a few days.

"I'll just go over to the bar for a second" I excused myself feeling Jimins grip around my waist loosen as I moved towards the bar a few meters away.

I sat down in one of the empty barstools. I quickly asked for a glass of white wine. I sighed loudly looking around the room hoping to see a clock I could spend the rest of the evening looking at. My wine arrived beside me and I quickly took a sip from it feeling the liquid run down the throat. I already felt better.

"Is it your first time?" An unfamiliar voice said beside me. I turned to see an unfortunately familiar face. It was Jungkook asking the obvious question with a cocky smile on his face.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked trying to be nice to Jimins future business partner.

"Well you looked a little uncomfortable, and you're already by the bar so, yes it's pretty obvious" Jungkook joked and I let out a small laugh looking down at my hands.

"Are you really Park Jimins fiancé?" He asked And I looked back up at him.

"Yes" I answered feeling odd saying yes to that question.

"Wow. Lucky girl" he joked leading his back against the bar table crossing his arms over his chest.

"I guess I am" I answered with a smile not wanting him to think I was unsure of marriage, and if it was still what I wanted to do, which were my true feelings.

"Is everything alright here?" Jimins voice came from my other side. I turned to see him standing, now closely to me.

"Yes, it's all fine here, right Carmen?" Jungkook said with a smirk.

"Yes, Everything is good" I reassured Jimin who stood sternly beside me.

"I think I have to go and talk to people I don't care about now" Jungkook said before walking away and disappear into the crowd again.

"We're leaving" Jimin said suddenly, started walking towards the exit. I jogged after him in my high heels which wasn't easy.

"So early?" I asked half a meter behind him.

"I got the deal. There is nothing else I need here" he said proudly as we walked out. I couldn't shake the feeling off that it had something to do with Jungkook that we were leaving so early. But I didn't want to overthink it question anything today. Maybe he had just gotten the deal and he wanted to leave early.

A/N
Wish me luck tomorrow, I have my last exam 😩🙏🏻 I'm going to have a heart attack from all my nerves. (Remember to vote though!)