Part 13

Lincoln has been getting phone calls all day and ignoring them. He knows who it is and he refuses to get involved. They probably need him to smuggle people across the bored, sell drugs or be the holder or carry people places.

"You sure you don't wanna get that." Octavia asks walking into Lincoln's room brushing her hair. "Ughhh no. I'm trying to take a nap." He groans. Octavia giggles and walks over turning the power off his phone and crawling onto his back. She leans her head on his bare back and straps her arms and legs around his body. "You're so warm." Octavia smiles and kisses down his back. Lincoln laughs and turns onto his back and looks up at Octavia. "Hey there." She says. "Hey monkey." Lincoln says and holds her legs. "You still tired?" Octavia asks. "Me?! No, I wasn't tired before either." Lincoln sits up and kisses her. Octavia laughs and kisses him back whispering in between kisses. "Liar."

That night, Lincoln and Octavia decided to go out to a casual dinner. Octavia went home to get ready. She put on some light makeup and loosely curled her hair. She was wearing tight black skinny jeans with a cute shirt. *Knock Knock*
Octavia walks over to the door and opens it. "Hey beautiful." Lincoln leans in and kisses her. "Well hello mr handsome." She smiles.

They drive to a small restaurant down town and walk inside getting seated. "So, how've you been." Lincoln asks Octavia. "Mmm good." She smiles slightly. "Why did that sound off..." Lincoln questions. "I don't know what your talking about" Octavia reads the menu. Lincoln raises his eyebrow. "Ok Now I know there's something wrong." He  says. "Lincoln I don't want to talk about it." Octavia continues to read. "Did I do something?" He asks. "Maybe." Octavia avoids eye contact. "Whaaa?!" Before Lincoln can finish, the waitress comes over. "I'll have the chicken salad." Octavia hands over the menu. "I'll take the pasta." Lincoln gives in his as well.

"Octavia. Please talk to me." Lincoln says. "Why didn't you tell me they are still communicating with you." Octavia asks. "What? Octavia." Lincoln starts but Octavia cuts him off. "No. I saw your phone in the car." She reaches over the table and grabs his phone. "Octavia." He tries to grab it but she holds it up. "Lincoln! Who is this?" Octavia opens the phone. "O. Shh." He grabs the phone and looks at all the people staring. "Why won't you tell me anything." Octavia growls. "Babe." Lincoln reaches over and takes her hands. "Please. I'm asking you. Please stop asking questions. I need you to stop." Lincoln looks in her eyes. "I'm not trying to hide anything from you. But these people are dangerous. And to make maters worse, I haven't been cooperating. They are angry and upset and I can't get you involved." Lincoln says. "Okay. Ok I'm sorry." Octavia says.

After they eat dinner, Lincoln pays and they walk out. It's late and dark. They parked in a dark ally behind the restaurant. "Lincoln I forgot my phone. I'll be back." Octavia runs back through the back door. Lincoln stands there in the dark waiting when he sees something. A shadow a few feet away. "So you didn't die. To be honest we were getting pretty worried after 7 days gone silent." A familiar voice says in the fog. Lincoln stays silent as he clenches his fists and takes a hard swallow. "Aww don't be scared. We aren't here to kill you." The voice in the distance says. "What are you doing here. I'm not a part of the group anymore." Lincoln says. "Oh is that what you think." The voice takes a step closer. Lincoln can here footsteps coming from the back door. He knows it's Octavia and he knows it's not going to end well. "Let's remind you what you're a part of" The man holds up a gun and clicks it back. Octavia steps out and everything starts in slow motion.

"Octavia No!" Lincoln yells as he turns around running over to her. The man in the fog pulls the trigger and the bullet goes flying. Before Octavia can take another step as she's lost in confusion, she silently gasps as the bullet hits her stomach. She doesn't even flinch. She doesn't move. She drops her phone and slowly looks down. Before she can drop to her knees, Lincoln catches her from behind. He gently lays her on his lap and moves the hair out of her face. "What have I done. What did I do?!" He says repeatedly as tears fall from his face. Octavia struggles to talk but manages to speak. "Don't cry." She unsteadily reaches up her arm to his face and wipes a tear with her finger. "No. Your going to be ok." Lincoln lifts her shirt and holds down the side of her stomach. "Lincoln." She whispers. "No. Shut up! Your going to be ok." He fiddles with his hands trying to stop the bleeding. "Please. It's not your fault. Promise me. You will Forgive y.yourself." Octavia reaches up to his face shaking. "Promise me." She says. Lincoln Shakes his head refusing as he cries leaning his forehead on hers. "Promise.....me." She whispers. Before she closes her eyes. "I promise. I promise you! Please baby. Wake up!" He holds her shaking her a little. "Please. Please don't leave me. I'm sorry." He hugs her crying in the dark ally alone.