Chapter 27

Lincoln was at work and Octavia was at home with Julianna. They were sitting in the kitchen eating supper. "So Jules how do you like it here?" Octavia asks. "I like it." She smiles and looks up at her. "Yeah? You don't miss home?" Octavia questions. She shakes her head. "I don't want to go back... I like everyone here." She says. "So you want to stay here?" She asks. "Can we?!" Jules asks as her face lights up. "Yes we can. But it's going to be here, with Lincoln. And you would be starting school in a month. It's all English here and it's different." Octavia tells her. "Mommy... I like it here." She says. "Good." Octavia smiles. "Lincoln will be happy." Octavia says finishing her supper. "He's funny." She giggles. "Yeah he is." Octavia smiles.

       Lincoln walks in the door with his suit on. Julianna runs over to him and giggles. "Why are you wearing snow pants." She asks. "There are fire pants so instead of protecting you from snow they protect you from fire." He says. "Here." Lincoln takes off his jacket and places it on Julianna. It's so big it almost buries her. "Careful its heavy." He laughs. She giggles trying to reach her hands out the sleeves. "Go see Mommy." He laughs. She walks over to Octavia giggling. "Ohh look at you. Little fire girl! So cute." Octavia smiles and stands up walking to her. "It's heavy." Julianna let's the coat slide off her. Lincoln laughs and picks it up. "How was your day?" He looks up at Octavia. "Good. I made supper its in the fridge." She smiles. "Ooo great. I'm going to take a shower and I'll eat later." He tells her. "Ok."

   After Lincoln showers, he comes downstairs and gets his food and sits on the couch. "I'm going on a run." Octavia says grabbing her phone and Khloe. "Alight see ya." Lincoln says. When Octavia leaves, Julianna walks over and sits on the couch beside Lincoln. "Hey lil munchkin. Wanna watch a movie?" Lincoln asks. "Ok." She says leaning back. "Wanna watch finding Nemo?" He gets up. "Mhm." She smiles.

  He walks back to the couch and sits down eating his food. He looks over and smiles watching julianna.

     A little while later, Octavia walks in with Khloe. "Hey how was your run?" Lincoln looks at her. "Good. Whatcha watching?" She asks taking off her shoes. "Finding Nemo!" Julianna says in her small voice. "Oooo my favourite!" Octavia hops over the side of the couch and sits down.

Half way into the movie, Julianna falls asleep. "I'll bring her to the room" Lincoln says standing up. He brings his plate to the kitchen placing it down and then walks back over to the couch gently picking up Julianna and bringing her to bed. He walks back and sits on the couch facing Octavia. They are sitting sideways. "So Julianna likes it here, she wants to stay." Octavia says leaning her head in her hand. "That's great." Lincoln smiles. "Mhm." Octavia fiddles with her fingers looking down. Lincoln chuckles and looks down as well. "What's so funny." She smiles looking at him. "Nothing, nothing you're just really cute." Lincoln tells her. "I'm not cute lincoln." Octavia tells him with blushed cheeks. He leans in and kisses her. "You are super cute." He smiles. Octavia smiles back and moves closer to him leaning her head on his shoulder. "I missed you." Octavia mumbles. "I missed you too, more than you know." Lincoln wraps his arms around her and kisses the top of her head. They watch the end of finding Nemo. Lincoln looks down and Octavia is half asleep in his arms. "O, its late, let go to sleep." He says tapping her thigh. Octavia sleepily gets up and walks upstairs. Lincoln shuts off the tv and all the lights following behind her. Octavia goes to the guest room with Julianna. Lincoln stops her with his arm. "You can sleep in my bed O. Let her sleep in there." He says. Octavia nods and slowly walks to his room as she yawns. They both crawl into bed and fall asleep.