Chapter 49

10 years ago
December 24th

       It was Christmas Eve and Lincoln was helping Julianna make cookies in the kitchen while Octavia was wrapping presents in her room. She was a little over 2 months pregnant and her belly was just starting to show. Lincoln was the only one who knew she was pregnant. They were planning to tell Julianna tomorrow on Christmas.

      Octavia finishes wrapping the presents and walks downstairs into the kitchen. "Hey, we're making cookies. Wanna help?" Lincoln asks. "Sure!" She smiles and walks over starting to roll the dough. "So Jules are you excited for Santa tonight." Octavia asks. "Yes!" She giggles happily and sprinkles some green and red sprinkles on the cookies.

That afternoon, they drove over to Bellamy and Clarkes house for dinner. Julianna played with the twins downstairs while the adults sat upstairs in the living room. "So what's new with you guys." Clarke asks. "Well we got some news actually... I'm pregnant." She tells them. "For real!" Clarke looks at her. She nods. "That's amazing!" Bellamy stands up and walks over to her. She stands up and hugs him. "I'm so happy for you O." He tells her and then hugs Lincoln as well. "Congratulations." He tells him. Clarke hugs them both as well. "Does Julianna know?" Bellamy asks. "No, We're going to tell her tomorrow morning." Lincoln says. "I'm so happy for you guys." Clarke smiles.

After dinner, Octavia helps Clarke clean up. Lincoln and Bellamy play a game of pool downstairs and the kids play. Julianna runs over to the pool table and reaches up on her tippy toes. "What are you doing." She asks. "This is pool. You have to use the stick to hit the balls in the holes." Bellamy tells her. "You wanna try." He asks. She smiles widely and nods. Bellamy picks her up and gives her the stick. She pushes the ball into the pocket. "Yay! Good job." He tells her putting her back down. Lincoln smiles and strokes her hair as she runs back to playing with the twins.

After the guys finish their game, They walk upstairs and over to the girls. "Hey babe you ready to go." Lincoln walks over to Octavia and she nods. "Julianna come on we are leaving." Lincoln calls down the stairs. All the kids run up the stairs. "Say thank you to Uncle Bell and Auntie Clarke." Octavia tells Julianna. Julianna walks over and hugs them both. "Linc can you put her pyjamas on before we go." Octavia asks. Lincoln gets her reindeer pjs and helps her change then gets her boots and coat. Octavia walks over and hugs her brother. "Thanks Bell." She smiles. "Thank you for conning and Congratulations on the baby." He smiles and kisses the top of her head.

"Bye guys!" They walk out to the car and Julianna's asleep before they even start driving. "Someone must be tired." Lincoln chuckles looking at Julianna through the mirror. Octavia looks back and smiles at her. "Yeah."

Lincoln reaches over and takes Octavia's hand. She squeezes it softly and closes her eyes leaning her head back for the rest of the ride home.

They get home and Lincoln takes Julianna out of her car seat. He brings her upstairs to her room and gently pulls off her coat and boots tucking her in bed. He kisses the top of her head and then goes downstairs to help Octavia with the presents. "Hey Khloe." Octavia smiles petting her dogs head before she walks upstairs. Lincoln follows turning off all the lights. They get in bed and Lincoln reaches his hands out to her stomach. She smiles watching him. He leans down and kisses her belly. "Goodnight little baby." He pulls Octavia closer and wraps his arms around her belly and pecks her lips. "I love you" He whispers. "I love you too" she smiles and closes her eyes.

The next morning, Octavia and Lincoln wake up and walk to Julianna's room. "Merry Christmas lil monkey." Lincoln goes over and tickles her sides waking her up. She giggles and squirms around. "Did Santa come!?" She asks standing up. "I don't know let's go see." Octavia says. "Yay!" She smiles excited. Lincoln picks her up throwing her over his shoulders and zooms down the stairs with Julianna giggling. "Wait for me!" Octavia laughs following them.

They walk into the living room and Julianna gasps when she sees all the presents under the tree. "Wow." She smiles when Lincoln puts her down. Octavia sits on the couch and smiles watching her. Lincoln sits on the floor and pets the dog. "Go on. You can open them." He tells her.

She opens her gifts and sits down overwhelmed with everything. "Ok Jules you have 1 more presents" Octavia tells her after shes opended all the presents. "Go sit beside mommy." Lincoln tells her and then hands her a gift bag. She pulls out the paper and reaches to the bottom pulling out a small onzie with little bears on it. She looks at Octavia confused. "What did you want for Christmas?" She asks. "Um a baby brother." She tells her. "Yeah, that's for a baby. But we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet." Lincoln tells her. "Really! But Where is he?" She asks. Octavia lifts up her shirt and shows her her belly. "In here." She tells her. She giggles and touches her belly. "There's a baby in their so you have to be gentle." Lincoln tells her. "But how did it get in" she asks. "Well you asked for it so now the baby grows in my tummy until it's big enough to come out." Octavia tells her. Julianna smiles and leans her head on her moms belly.