Part 22

4 years and 7 months ago...

Octavia walked out of the bathroom over to the fridge. The windows were open and the hot air filled the house. She grabbed her pineapple juice from the fridge and walked over to the tv turning it on. "43 grados en Málaga, cielo despejado y sol ardiente" The weather channel comes on. She takes a sip of her juice and looks back as mark walks over from behind her. "Buenos días mi amour." He says kissing the back of her neck and holding her belly. Octavia smiles and places her hands over his looking down at her big tummy. "Morning." She whispers.

Today...

"Mommy" The little girl tugs on Octavia's shirt. "Mommy." She repeats. "Bastante ya." Octavia looks down to her. The little girl pouts and walks away from Octavia whose standing in line in a small corner store. Octavia leans on one leg holding snacks and juice.

The little girl walks down the rows quietly humming a song. She stops when she gets the the stuffed animals row. Meanwhile on the other isle, Lincoln is walking. He walks around the corner and sees the small girl reaching on her tippy toes up to a teddy. Lincoln smiles and slowly walks over to her. "Hi, do you need help?" He smiles.

"Julianna" Octavia calls out her name as she walks over. As soon as she's about to call her again, she sees her talking to someone. She freezes and turns around hiding behind a shelf and watches them. Her heart almost stops as she sees them side by side. The eyes, the skin, the small laugh they both have. Octavia turns around and tries to breathe normally. She brings her hand to her chest and starts to panic. She races out of the store and gets in the passenger side of the car putting on her sunglasses. "Where's Julianna." Mark asks. "Ah.. she's inside, she wants to show you something." Octavia manages to spit out. Mark rolls his eyes and sighs undoing his seatbelt and getting out of the car.

"Gracias" The little girl giggles as Lincoln helps her with the bear. Lincoln looks at her and smiles. "Hablas Español?" He asks her. She nods her head and her black curls bounce. "Julianna! Let's go! Now." A man comes up from behind her. She looks at Lincoln and then back to the man and puts the bear down walking over to him. He grabs her hand and walks out of the store. Lincoln watches her leave and stands up with the strangest feeling.

"Julianna you have to stop wandering off." Mark says as he drives off. "But daddy, I was just." She starts to talk. "No." Mark cuts her off. "Let her speak." Octavia looks at him and plays with the necklace around her neck. "She's like 3 she doesn't know what she's talking about." Mark says. "She's almost 5!" Octavia looks at him annoyed. Mark shrugs. Octavia taps her fingers to the music as she looks out the window. "Where are we going?" Mark turns to Octavia. "My brothers, down here." She points to a street.

They arrive to Bellamy's house and Octavia's husband stops the car. "I'll be back, I just need to make a stop." He looks at her. "You're not coming?" Octavia says as she gets out. "I'll be here later." He says. Octavia sighs and undoes Julianna's car seat taking her out. Mark drives off and Octavia walks to the backyard holding Clara's hand. "Hey!" Bellamy walks over and hugs Octavia. He bends down and looks at the little girl. "And you must be Julianna. I'm your uncle Bellamy." He smiles and springs a curl. She smiles shyly and hides behind Octavia. "Awwwwww omg." Clarke runs over. "Tavia!" She hugs her. "Hey Clarke." Octavia hugs her back. "Is this Julianna!?" She bends down. "Yep." Octavia strokes her hair.

Octavia's sitting on a chair at the table outside while Julianna swims around in the pool. "So what does Mark look like?" Clarke asks. "If he ever shows up you'll see." She mumbles as she checks her phone. "I'm sure he's on his way." Bellamy says. "Mhm." Octavia looks over at her daughter. *Buzz Buzz* She reaches for her phone "Hello?" She answers. "Hey." A familiar voice answers. She covers the phone and looks at Bellamy. "Can you watch her for a second." She points to Julianna. Bellamy nods.

Octavia walks to the front of the yard. "Lincoln?" She questions. "Yeah... are you busy." He asks. "No. I mean yes, yeah I'm busy." She shakes her head. "Hmmm well do you think we could talk?" He asks. "No, I'm out." She says. "I know." He says and walks up to the drive way. Octavia looks up at him and then pulls her phone away hanging up. "What are you doing here?" She asks crossing her arms. "We need to talk." Lincoln says with his hands in his pockets. Octavia stands there silently looking down. "What happened la" before he can finish a car pulls up behind him. He looks back and a guy gets out. "Shit..." Octavia mumbles and walks over. "Ok ya we can talk, but now is not a good time." She push's Lincoln to the street. "Who's this?" Mark asks closing the car door. "Who are you?" Lincoln asks him. "I'm her husband asshole. Who are you!" He slurs his words. "Ex. Husband." Octavia says. "Babe you say that now, we work out our issues." He says and twirls her hair. "Oh my god are you drunk." Octavia slaps his hand away. "Ok what!? Octavia? You're married?" Lincoln looks at her. "No, yes...well yes but I won't be in a couple days." She says. "Um would someone like to explain to me who this bald guy is!?" Mark leans against his car.

"Mommyyyyy." Julianna comes running over to the front. "Julianna come back." Bellamy runs to the front. Lincoln stops and looks at the little girl. "What did she just say." Lincoln looks up to Octavia. "K dude. I don't know who you are but you don't look happy." Mark slurs. "Shut up!" Lincoln yells at him. Lincoln slowly leans down to the little girl. "How old are you?" He asks. "Clara honey. We don't talk to strangers." Mark walks over. "How old are you." Lincoln asks holding back tears. "Get this man away from my daughter." Mark says. "Lincoln." Octavia reaches her arm out. "HOW OLD IS SHE GOD DAMIT." He screams standing up and tears fall from his eyes. Julianna starts crying and Bellamy walks over picking her up. Clarke comes to the front and Bellamy shakes his head pushing her back in as he walks away calming Julianna.

She's not his daughter. She's not his daughter and you know it. How old is she." Lincoln looks at Octavia. "4 and a half." Octavia answers as her eyes tear up. He shakes his head looking at her and bites his lip. He brings his hands to his face and leans back. "I'm sorry." She cry's. Lincoln walks a few feet thinking. "Lincoln." Octavia reaches her arm out. "NO! YOU KNEW. YOU KEPT THIS FROM ME. SHE'S MY DAUGHTER. she's my daughter. I had a right to know." He says in pain. "I'm sorry." Octavia says. "I still think she's my daughter." Mark chuckles. "I think your white ass husband needs you." He push's past him.