Part 17

That night, Lincoln crawled into bed beside Octavia. "Hey." She smiles. "You have no idea how much I missed your voice." He smiles. "Oh don't say that. I'm going to annoy the hell out of you." She giggles. "You have no idea how badly I want that." He laughs.

They are laying in bed and Octavia keeps shifting. "You ok baby." Lincoln asks. Octavia sits up and fiddles with her hands. "Mhm." She shakes her head. "Your not tired are you." Lincoln sits up. "No." She sighs. "Ok, we don't have to sleep." Lincoln tells her. "No, Lincoln. Bellamy told me you haven't been sleeping. I know you're tired." Octavia says. "I'm fine. Really I slept this morning." Lincoln tells her. Octavia can tell he's exhausted but decides it's no use fighting him. "Ok." She nods her head. "Want me to read you a story." Lincoln questions. Octavia smiles and nods her head. Lincoln flicks on the lights and grabs a book. Octavia curls up to him leaning her head against him. "Once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl." He starts off the story Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

"Woah woah woah wait." Octavia sits up and stops him. "What's wrong?" Lincoln looks at her. "What happened to the voices?!" Octavia pouts staring at him. Lincoln laughs and closes the book. "You really did here me." Lincoln asked. "Every word. And my favourite part of the day was the voices! Grumpy and Snow White of course. I mean besides the part where you talk to yourself. That was pretty funny." Octavia giggles. "Oh my gosh. OK! I'll do the voices." Lincoln shakes his head opening the book and starts again using a different voice for each character. Octavia smiles and bites her lip. She looks up and watches Lincoln as he reads the story. She reaches up and kisses his lips. She closes the book and takes it out of his hands putting it on the side as she climbs on top of him.
She continues kissing him as she pulls off his shirt throwing it on the floor. Lincoln smiles kissing down her neck and pulling her shirt over her head. She reaches her hand up and flicks off the lights. He flips her onto her back and slowly slides her pants down kissing down her stomach leaving blotches of red. She tilts her head back wrapping her arms around his neck sliding her toenails up his legs. Lincoln kisses her and pulls his pants off. Octavia slides her hands up the ripples of his abs and feels the veins in his strong arms.
~~~
Octavia lay awake staring in the dark. She looks over at Lincoln. He's fast asleep. She looks back up at the ceiling and sighs. She sits up checking the time. 4:30am. She throws her hair up in a pony tail and puts on jogging pants and a bra. She leaves the room quietly making sure not to wake Lincoln.

She walks downstairs and checks to make sure all the doors are locked. After pacing around in the dark. She walks to the kitchen and opens the fridge grabbing a water. She closes the fridge door and almost screams as she jumps back throwing the water bottle at the big figure standing in front of her. "Ooo ouch. Watch it!" Lincoln mumbles. "Jesus Lincoln! You almost scared me to death!" Octavia pushes him. "Sorry!" He whispers. "What are you doing awake? It's almost 5 in the morning. I can hear you walking around from upstairs." Lincoln says. "I'm sorry." She crosses her arms and walks out of the kitchen. "Octavia. Did you fall asleep last night?" Lincoln asks. "Nope." She says looking through things in the dark. "Your not tired? I know you've been sleeping for a while. But the doctor said you should still be on a normal sleep schedule." Lincoln says. "I'm not tired Lincoln!" Octavia whisper shouts. "You've been up for almost 26 hours." Lincoln says. "Gosh! Can't you understand. I am not going to sleep!" She growls at him and walks back to the kitchen. "Fine. Well I'm going out." Lincoln grabs his phone. "Why don't you tell me anything. I'm trying to understand. I'm trying to help. I just need you to talk!" He goes to the door. Octavia stands there fiddling with her fingers. "I'm scared!"Octavia yells after him. "I'm scared Ok! Every time I close my eyes I see that ally. I see you and that psycho! I feel the bullet and I feel the pain." Tears fall from her eyes. "I can't sleep. What if I don't wake up. I'm paranoid that something's going to happen when I'm asleep. I have to stay awake." She cries.

Lincoln sighs and walks over hugging her. "I'm so sorry baby. You don't have to be scared anymore. Those guys are gone." Lincoln kisses the top of her head. "I wont let anything bad happen to you. I'm here and I won't leave. You need to sleep." He tells her rocking back and forth. "I can't." She cries. "Monkey. Baby, you need to sleep. Come on. Just try." Lincoln brings Octavia upstairs.

They lay down and Octavia hugs Lincoln. "Close your eyes. I'll stay awake. Just close your eyes." Lincoln holds her hand. Octavia leans her head on his chest listening to his heart beat and the breaths he's taking as she squeezes his hand closing her eyes eventually falling asleep.