Chapter 50

"You guys ready to go?" Lincoln looks back at the kids in the car. "Yesss!" They nod excited. Octavia and Lincoln are bringing them to a water park for the day. "So Baby O you gonna go on some slides with me." Lincoln looks over and places his hand on her leg. "Haha no." She shakes her head. "Yes mommy! You have to do one slide with us." Jayden says. "No way. You guys can have fun, I will have fun watching you." She smiles looking back at them.

They arrive and grab their bags getting their bracelets and finding a picnic table to keep their stuff. "Ok let's go in the wave pool for a bit and then we'll go on the slides." Lincoln tells them and they walk down to the wave pool. "Jayden stay close to Julianna!" Lincoln yells as they run off. Octavia stands there and Lincoln takes her hand walking in. He smiles kissing her temple and walks deeper, the waves get stronger and higher. They watch the kids jump in the waves playing and laughing actually having a good time. "Damn We make good babies." Lincoln smiles watching them. "We sure do." She smiles leaning her head on his chest.

"Ok guys which one first?" Lincoln asks as they look at the map of all the water slides. "Let's do the tornado." Julianna points to it. "Yay!" Jayden agrees. "Ok. Let's go" Lincoln walks over with them and Octavia stays sitting in the shallow part of the wave pool watching them. They go on a bunch of rides together and then Lincoln walks back over to Octavia. "Hey where are the kids?" She asks. "They're in line for some slide. Come you're going to come on that with me." He points to a big purple slide. "No. Linc I can't." She shakes her head. "Yes you can. I'm gonna be with you." He says and starts pulling her hand. She hesitates but follows him and stands in line. They sit in a tube together and wait. "Nope I changed my mind I can't do this." She try's to stand up. "Sit down O." Lincoln takes her hand. "It's gonna be fun." He tells her. "No! Linchoe! Im going to kill you" They get pushed down and water splashes them. "Lincoln! I'm gonna die!" She squeezes his hand and screams.

The slide ends and Octavia hops off the tube. Lincoln gets off and brings it back. Octavia goes over and hits his chest. "I'm never doing that again!" He chuckles and walks out of the water with her. They find the kids and go sit at their table for a snack.

As their eating Octavia pushes her hair back and realizes she wasn't wearing her necklace. She goes in panic mode and starts looking around. "What are you looking for?" Lincoln looks at her confused. "I lost my necklace. She says looking around. "Which one?" He asks. "The one I wear everyday, the one with the circle hoops! You gave it to me what do you mean which one!" She grunts frustrated and pushes past him looking. "Ok calm down, we'll find it." He tells her. Julianna gets up and starts looking around as well. "Did you take it off somewhere?" Lincoln asks her. "No Lincoln. It's been around my neck for 16 years! I've never taken it off." She tells him. "Ok O I'm only trying to help. Don't worry. It's gotta be around here somewhere." Lincoln says. "It could be anywhere." She looks around. "It's ok we can get another one." He tells her. "I don't want another one, I need that one." A tear streams down her face. He walks over and wipes her tear and hugs her. "Me and jay can go look on the slides." Julianna says. "Ok be careful please." Lincoln says. "You keep looking around here I'll go look over there." He kisses her forehead and walks away.

After looking forever, Octavia sighs and sits down coming to realization she's never going to find her necklace. The kids come over and sit down. "Sorry mommy. We couldn't find it." Julianna says. "It's ok. Thank you for looking." She smiles at them. "When did you get it?" Jayden asks. "Daddy gave it to me on my 21st birthday." She tells him. "Oh well he can get you another one" Jayden tells her. "Yeah he can." She smiles. "Ok go on a few more slides we're going to leave soon." Octavia tells them.

They run off and Lincoln walks back over to her drying off. He walks over to her and she hugs him. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to get rude with you" she says and frowns. He smiles kissing her forehead and sits down with her in his lap. "It's ok. But.... I got you something." He holds up her necklace. "My necklace you found it! Where was it." She asks. "The bottom of the wave pool." He puts it around her neck. She kisses him and then hugs him tightly. "Thank you." She whispers as a tear falls down her cheek. "I just... I never took it off. It was the only thing I had of you in Spain. It was the only thing that kept me strong, it makes me feel closer to you." She tells him. He hugs her tight and kisses her cheek. "Baby. You're already strong and I'm right here. I promise I'm not going anywhere." He tells her. She holds him tight and nods.

Julianna and Jayden come running over. "Hey guys dry off we are gonna get ready to go." Octavia tells them. "Did you find your necklace?" Julianna asks. "Daddy found it." She smiles. "Where was It?" Jayden asks. "In the wave pool." Lincoln answers.

They all change and get in the car. "Thank you for today." Julianna says putting on her seatbelt. "Thank you" Jayden says as well. "Your welcome. Thank you for sticking together and not arguing." Octavia tells them.

They drive home and Julianna and Jayden both fall asleep in the car.