Chapter 48

Julianna sits at the kitchen table. She's quiet but attentive. Lincoln and Octavia both sit down with her. Everyone's quiet and turns to look at Octavia. "Whattttt don't look at me! This was your idea Lincoln!" Octavia frowns. "Just talk." He tells her. Octavia sighs and looks at Julianna.

                    "I was living in Spain.... with another guy when I found out I was pregnant." She continues and Julianna stops her. "What?! So Lincoln's not my father!" She stands up. "Yes. Sit down Im your father, even got a DNA test to prove it." Lincoln tells her. Julianna sits back down. "Ok but how is that possible. You're my dad but she was in a different country...." Julianna looks confused. "That part doesn't matter ok. The point is yes Lincoln is your biological father. But the guy... my ex husband. .. He didnt know that. Throughout my pregnancy, I didn't know either. But when you were born...." She stops and smiles at her. "I saw it right away. I knew you you were Lincoln's." She says and looks down. "But at that point I couldn't really do anything. I was all alone and I was scared. I didn't even let the doctors take you, probably wasn't a smart idea but hey." She smiles a little.

            "Well what about the guy." Julianna asks. "He was a bad guy. And my biggest regret is staying with him. Because as a mother I should have never put you in that environment. But you were his daughter or so he thought." Julianna sits there and listens. "And he loved you. But as you got older, he started to notice little things. Your hair was so brown and curly your skin was so tan and you didn't really look like him." She stops and Lincoln looks at her. "We both knew you weren't his daughter but acted like we didn't know. But he knew. And he did everything to make himself believe you were his. He was so upset. Upset with me I guess." She stops and looks at Julianna. "He started drinking and doing drugs and doing....bad things." She stops and a tear falls down her cheek. "I can't believe I let you grow up with him." She looks down and her eyes flood.

                   Julianna watches her and a few tears slide down her face but she wipes them away. Lincoln sits there and watches them. "When you were 4." She starts off and wipes her face. "I convinced him to bring us to the US. I told him I missed my home and I wanted to see my brother..... which yes it was true. But I couldn't keep living like that. I was going to leave you with Bellamy but." She stops and looks at Lincoln. "We had just driven back from the airport and I had to run in and by you juice." She laughs a little. "You were bugging me for juice and cookies. So I ran in the store with you and you wandered off looking at other things. I was walking around looking for you, I heard you giggle and then I saw you.... you were standing there and Lincoln was crouched down in front of you." She starts crying again. Julianna starts crying and Octavia reaches her arm out and wipes her tears. "He handed you a teddy bear." Lincoln looks at her with wide eyes. He never knew that she was there that day. "I saw you two together and my heart just stoped... I felt happy. I knew you were safe. I wanted him to take you away and never come back. I walked out of the store without you and got in the car. But my stupid Ex husband walked back in and got you." She says. "We went to Uncle Bellamy's house that afternoon." Octavia says. "What happened." She asks sniffling. "I showed up." Lincoln tells her and she looks at him. "And I saw you again. I saw my daughter." He tells her and she leans her head down starting to cry again. "Jules. You are and always will be my daughter." He tells her. She keeps her head down and cries. Lincoln gets up and walks over to her and picks her up like he use to. She wraps her arms and legs around him and cries onto his shoulder. He hugs his 15 year old daughter holding her like she's 5. "I love you and I would've done anything to watch you grow up. But it doesn't mater. I watched you grow into a beautiful girl." He tells her. "And I will be here with you for the rest of your life." He kisses her head. Octavia sits there and watches them as tears fall down her face.