~Chapter Twenty: Let's Just Keep Keepin Stuff Quiet~

Tony had managed to talk Bruce into working on Ultron with him, and he even did one better... He got Banner to keep it a secret from the others. So, while they had the chance they worked for days on end trying to crack that stupid scepter. Things around the tower went normally. Well... as normally as a bunch of superheros with relationship issues all living together could go.

Steve and Tony had decided to just block one another out. Everyone seemed to agree it was easier that way anyway, it wasn't for the two. Steve wanted to contanstly tell Tony he didn't mean what he said and that the last few weeks had just been hell and it had gotten to him. Though... the blonde didn't because he would think that the brunet was angry at him or that he wouldn't want to talk about it, not for a long time.

The only problem was... Tony did want to talk about it but... he didn't know how to. He had never been going at saying sorry or, wording his feelings out. There's a reason Tony doesn't ever get to know people, it had been a miracle for him to be so close with Pepper. She was one of the few sane people who crazy enough to stay around him.

Natasha and Clint could be heard arguing a few times here and there and Bucky seemed to just stay away from the two. He didn't want to cause anymore trouble...

~~~~

"C'mon you aren't just gonna let Stark throw the party and you not show up." Natasha said as she snorted, "Wait you aren'y right?" She turned and looked to Steve who brushed his hair back and shook his head.

"Of course not Tash... Just because we aren't on talking terms doesn't mean I'll ruin everything for everyone." He answered in a caring tone, though... even coupled with a smile Natasha could tell he was still hurt by what Tony had said.

"Aww... Steve. I don't know why you and him don't just talk..." The redhead cooed as she looked through Steve's closet. She had taken it upon herself to decide what he was wearing tonight, not that Steve never picked presentable things. He always just looked so uptight and she knew tonight was supposed to be laid back.

"Because he doesn't want to talk Natasha," Steve sat up on his bed and stared at her. "I feel bad that you're trying to counsel my relationship when yours is-" She sent him a small death glare and he went silent. The blonde then laid back down again and shook his head.

"Yea yea. My relationship is in a downward spiral, trust me, Steve, I've heard it, I know." She said as she pulled out a dress shirt and looked it over. "All I'm saying here is that things, believe it or not... they're easier when you when you talk."

"I know... But Tash-"

"Steven. If he doesn't want to talk, then you need to. You guys 'relationship' or whatever the hell you wanna call it is a two-way street. Understand?" The ex-assassin said finally. Steve slowly began to nod as he sat up,

"I understand... and Tash?..." She looked over with soft eyes, they were filled with curiosity. "First off... take your own advice. And secondly, watch your language."  A smile came to her lips as she shook her head and continued digging through the closet.

"So what are you waiting for?" She asked randomly,

"What do you mean?" Cap asked in a confused tone, he was worried he already knew what she meant though...

"I mean are you going to go talk to him?"

"Right now?" The blonde asked, never once in his life had he even tried to procrastinate. Now seemed like a good time to start. Natasha let out a sigh and turned to cross her arms and stare out him.

"What do you think Rogers?" She asked and he slowly nodded, standing up and heading for the door.

"Just don't make me look crazy..." he pleaded in a slightly sarcastic tone. She grinned in a evil, twisted way.