40| 𝓕𝓞𝓡𝓣𝓨

HaJin's view

I rummaged through Jungkook's stacked folders, helping him do his works. Since I wasn't really doing anything at home, and too mundane without Jungkook at home, I just went with him to work, well, he told me to go with him. And now, I'm looking for that folder he told me about, about some folder that had the title "김하윤"

Kim HaYoon 김하윤

Girl's name, I say.

Continuing the job that was told for me to do, I finally found the folder. I brought it out of the drawers and went to Jungkook.

"Here, Jungkook."

I handed him the large envelope and he accepted it, opening it from it's place. He took out a piece of paper, looking at it, before handing it to me.

I gave him a questionable look, asking him, "Why are you giving this to me?"

He gestured his hand for me to look at the paper, "See for yourself."

I read the first part of the paper written above, seeing it, my eyebrows furrowed immediately.

Certification of Birth

I looked up to see that Jungkook was nowhere to be found. I moved my head from left to right, looking for him. Where is he?

I went back to the paper, seeing the name again "김하윤" Kim Hayoon I continued to read the birth certificate, only to see the names of my biological parents "김하늘" Kim Haneul and "김정기" Kim Jungki

Do I have a sister?

After, I took the folder again and looked for more papers, only to see another one.

Certification of adoption.

Certification of Adoption

This is to certify that 김하윤 Kim Hayoon has been formally adopted into the Cha family by 차민리 Cha Minri and 차은빈 Cha Eunbin on the 6th of December, 1997. It is also to certify that 김하윤's Kim Hayoon's name shall now be replaced by the name 차하진 Cha HaJin because of the order given by the adoptive parents and is also approved by the court.

So it was..my birth certificate and..the papers for my adoption?

I was Kim Hayoon, daughter of Kim Haneul and Kim Jongki, but now, I am Cha HaJin, daughter of Cha Minri and Cha Eunbin.

If I choose from either the two clans I belong to, I won't, I won't choose from any of them. I'll serve both families fairly, and will accept it.

...

I chugged the water for my dry throat, getting every drop of it to give refreshment to my body and stop the dryness in my thorax. Breathing in and out, I jogged some more.

Currently, I'm in the gym that's built inside our house. It's because I noticed these past few days that I'm getting fatter and it's like I ate lots of food when I don't eat that much. It's also weird that I always crave for sweets and other types of food that I don't like. I also vomitted twice this week already, and still I don't know what's wrong with my body.

I took a shower before walking downstairs to the kitchen to look for something to eat, but one thing caught my eyes.

Ice Cream..

Pressing my fingers on the lid and slowly getting it off the top, my eyes lit up at the flavorful ice cream. A cookies and cream ice cream that I've been craving for days already.