Mood

Singto was sitting outside the cafeteria, waiting for Krist to come out. He saw him walking towards Ice as he was exiting the cafeteria. They looked to be having a serious conversation, looking at Krist's expression. He decided to leave them alone and wait.

While waiting, Ton, one of their batchmates approached him.

"Hi Singto."

Singto turned to the voice. Seeing Ton, he realized why there are a lot of students, juniors and seniors alike, who are head over heels with the guy. He was tall, taller than Singto by about five inches, dark hair, light colored eyes and fair skin. Being in the basketball team, Ton had a good built. He can be classified as handsome, in a rough boy next door way. Singto thought if he ever forgot a certain Nong, he would have given time to think about his batch mate.

"What's up Ton?"

"Nothing really. I just wanted to say 'Hi!' so Hi!" Ton said with a smile, his hand at the back of his head, clear sign he was feeling shy.

"Oh. OK. Haha! Hi!" Singto can sense that Ton was feeling awkward with their exchange. He wanted to put the guy at ease. "How's practice going? With the graduation rehearsals? I would imagine you don't get much free time to rest. Congratulations by the way, the team made it to the semis for our division!"

Singto's plan worked. Talking about basketball has put Ton at ease a bit.

"Yeah, thanks! It would've been better if you were on the team this year. We wouldn't have had to fight it out in the semis and secured a spot easily for the finals."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I guess I wanted some free time this year as well. See, if I joined the team, I wouldn't have had time to hang out, watch movies and stuff. I enjoy my free time you know."

"Haha! Yeah. I hear about your fun from Off. I wish I had time. Speaking of, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? I'm not sure. I haven't talked to the guys about weekend plans yet."

"Oh. I see."

"Why? What's up?"

"Nothing. Nothing. It's just that there was this new movie I wanted to see, I was thinking to ask you if you've seen it."

"Oh." Singto knew where this was going. He didn't want to give hope where there is none. He was thinking of a way of saying no.

Ton beat him to it. "But yeah. Short notice and all, you guys might have plans already. So, rain check." The guy smiled, which to Singto seemed genuine and sad.

"Sorry dude. Yeah. Rain check."

*ding ding dong ding!*

"There's the bell. Better get back to our classrooms. Next round of graduation rehearsals would start." Ton said.

"Yeah. We better get to it or we'd be in trouble. Rain check. Definitely." Singto said as he stood up and offered his hand to Ton.

"Yeah. Later Sing."

"Later!"

Krist who was walking out of the cafeteria, skipping, stopped in his tracks. He saw Singto and Ton talking. For some reason his heart was beating real fast. He had the sudden urge to go to the two and take his P' away from P'Ton.

This is ridiculous! What am I thinking! He unconsciously looked at his watch, timing the exchange. What are they talking about?! They're talking a long time. Does he have to stand that close to P'Sing? And why is P'Sing smiling?! Krist knew his thoughts were irrational, he can't help it. Before he knew it, he was walking towards the two.