Graduate

"High school has never been easy. We've been through a lot this past four years. From the friends we've had through the years," Singto searched the crowd for each of his friends, "to the new ones we've made and treasured, to the special people we've met." He held Krist's eyes for a beat. "We've been through ups and downs this year. What did we expect, we're seniors. Being a senior, subjects would be harder, teachers stricter and projects tougher. We've studied hard, but we've partied harder." This earned a few laughs from the crowd of seniors. "We may be attending different schools next year, have new friends, learn new and different things, through this, one thing's for sure – we will never forget the years we spent together in our beloved school. I hope we lived up to the values from which our school was built on: Honor, Camaraderie, Diligence and Brotherhood." He looked to Mr. Aksornpan and the rest of the faculty and staff. Mr. Aksornpan raised his thumbs up. "We will forever be brothers, friends, family. Congratulations classmates. Congratulations to the Senior class." Pause for effect. "Seniors, stand up." All the seniors did. "Look to your classmate to your right. Then to your left. These are the faces of the men you have spent your boyhood with. We entered this school as boys, we leave as men. Graduating class of this year. I congratulate you for surviving four years of high school. Stand proud, walk tall and face the world head on!" A loud roaring of applause can be heard from the standing graduates. A few whoops and screams add to the uproar. A lone howl piped up, followed a few seconds later by five more from the crowd, then one from the mic on stage.

"Thank you Prachaya Ruangroj, valedictorian of this year's graduating class. Congratulations to you graduates and good luck. As our Mr. Ruangroj said, 'Stand proud, walk tall and face the world head on!' Go forth and wreak havoc into the world!" Mr. Aksornpan addressed the graduates for the last time. 

The graduates were now standing and throwing their graduation caps in the air. All of them rejoicing to be called graduates and celebrating to have graduated high school.

There was a buzz of activities on the floor with the graduates. Most were milling about, joking with their friends, some were crying, others busy looking for faces in the crowd and on the stands for their parents and guardians.

A lone graduate was making his way through the crowd. He was swallowed up by the sheer number of people and activity going on. He was pushing his way through but not making any headway. He was headed to the opposite side of the auditorium, trying to reach someone.

Being taller than the rest, Ice easily spotted Krist pushing and being pushed while walking in their general direction. He saw Nammon was near Krist so he signalled the latter toclear a path. Nammon, getting the signal, made his way to Krist. He saw the younger man and grasped his writs to pull him towards the general direction they were heading to.

"Krist."

Krist turned around at his name. "P'!"

"I was looking for you and you were swallowed up by the people."

"Yeah, I'm having a hard time just walking."

"Congratulations Krist!"

"Thanks P'Vic."

"Um..."

"P'Vic, Can we talk later, sorry. I have to go now."

"Sure thing Krist. I'll talk to you later."

"Thanks P'!" Krist continued walking, and pushing.

"Krist!" Victor raised his voice. "You might want to go a little to your left."

"P'?"

"Trust me, you should push your way a little to the left. I think I know where you're going."